Milwaukee 29000 series PS-1 combo door box car

Chad Boas

Would there be any intrest in a mini kit to convert an Intermountain PS-1 8'door into a Milwaukee 29000's Combo 8' sliding, 7' plug door?
Chad Boas

David Sieber

--- In STMFC@..., Chad Boaz asked: Would there be any interest in a mini kit to convert an Intermountain PS-1 8'door into a Milwaukee 29000's Combo 8' sliding, 7' plug door?

Folks, makes perfect sense to me - "completes the set" with the only Pacific Northwest 40ft combo door boxcar that hasn't already been done with a Boas mini-kit. MILW 29000-29499 were built 7-58; the first 400 came with IYSD, while the last 100 had 6P Superior doors. Far better to modify an IMRC or Kadee PS-1 rather than the old McKean(Sky Lim) double-door PS-1 - plus we could anticipate correct decals from Jerry Glow for a Boas mini-kit - win-win!
Dave Sieber, Reno NV

Chad, Of course I am interested.

Rich Christie

________________________________
Would there be any intrest in a mini kit to convert an Intermountain PS-1 8'door into a Milwaukee 29000's Combo 8' sliding, 7' plug door?
Chad Boas

jerryglow2

Chad "leaked" this to me a week ago so I did the artwork for decals if he proceeds. See: http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/samples/Milw_combo.jpg

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals

--- In STMFC@..., "ealabhan0" <ealabhan0@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., Chad Boaz asked: Would there be any interest in a mini kit to convert an Intermountain PS-1 8'door into a Milwaukee 29000's Combo 8' sliding, 7' plug door?

Folks, makes perfect sense to me - "completes the set" with the only Pacific Northwest 40ft combo door boxcar that hasn't already been done with a Boas mini-kit. MILW 29000-29499 were built 7-58; the first 400 came with IYSD, while the last 100 had 6P Superior doors. Far better to modify an IMRC or Kadee PS-1 rather than the old McKean(Sky Lim) double-door PS-1 - plus we could anticipate correct decals from Jerry Glow for a Boas mini-kit - win-win!
Dave Sieber, Reno NV

Dave Sarther

Chad,

This sounds like a great project and as someone has already indicated a natural addition to the "Hill Lines" trifecta already available for modelers.

Later, Dave Sarther Tucson, AZ