Help with Proto

roblmclear <rob.mclear3@...>

Hi guys

I have recently been stung on e-bay, my bad, I purchased two Life Like Proto 2000 Automobile boxcars in the UP scheme yellow/white lettering and unfortunately I didn't check the contents all that well. I now find that all of the doors are missing from both kits. Is there anyone out there who knows what replacements might be appropriate. I have been in touch with Walthers but they don't have any replacement parts any longer for these kits. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.

jerryglow2

Unfortunately no. Those cars have often been "doners" for other projects. About the only chance is finding someone who used other doors in building that kit like the Sunshine ones for a Wabash car

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "roblmclear" <rob.mclear3@...> wrote:

Hi guys

I have recently been stung on e-bay, my bad, I purchased two Life Like Proto 2000 Automobile boxcars in the UP scheme yellow/white lettering and unfortunately I didn't check the contents all that well. I now find that all of the doors are missing from both kits. Is there anyone out there who knows what replacements might be appropriate. I have been in touch with Walthers but they don't have any replacement parts any longer for these kits. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.

Pierre <pierre.oliver@...>

I've been chatting with Rob and I've solved his problem for him. And as you put it Jerry, left overs from the Sunshine conversion.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@..., jerryglow@... wrote:

Unfortunately no. Those cars have often been "doners" for other projects. About the only chance is finding someone who used other doors in building that kit like the Sunshine ones for a Wabash car

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "roblmclear" <rob.mclear3@> wrote:

Hi guys

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.

O Fenton Wells

How many doors do you need? I used several of these to kitbash Southern 50
footers. I'm not sure I have any extra hardware for the doors, ie. tack
boards etc.
Fenton Wells

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:48 AM, roblmclear <rob.mclear3@...> wrote:

Hi guys

I have recently been stung on e-bay, my bad, I purchased two Life Like
Proto 2000 Automobile boxcars in the UP scheme yellow/white lettering and
unfortunately I didn't check the contents all that well. I now find that
all of the doors are missing from both kits. Is there anyone out there who
knows what replacements might be appropriate. I have been in touch with
Walthers but they don't have any replacement parts any longer for these
kits. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.

--
Fenton Wells
3047 Creek Run
Sanford NC 27332
919-499-5545
srrfan1401@...

roblmclear <rob.mclear3@...>

Jerry you must be some sort of physic, Pierre Oliver got in touch with me off list and was doing exactly what you said and has sent me a bunch of stuff to fix them up. Thanks to all who responded.

Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.

--- In STMFC@..., jerryglow@... wrote:

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., "roblmclear" <rob.mclear3@> wrote:

Hi guys

Regards
Rob McLear
Kingaroy Australia.