loyal customers of Sunshine/Ted Cullotta

ed_mines

I seen both topics discussed in the last week.

We should all remember that specialty modeling businesses are as much a labor of love as an income.

I have seen many go under - Champ decals, Mainline Modeler .....

With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in presenting steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group.

Ted has had some very unfortunate things happen in his life. If he sold some built up models on e bay, I'm sure he did so with a heavy heart. If he's selling kits at auction, it's because he needs the money.

I am a loyal customer of Ted's (both kits and books). To all who feel that Ted's business practices have been less than perfect consider the circumstances - and all Ted has done for the hobby.

Ed Mines

Paul Koehler <buygone@...>

Ed:

Very well said. Thank you.

Paul C. Koehler

_____

I seen both topics discussed in the last week.

We should all remember that specialty modeling businesses are as much a
labor of love as an income.

I have seen many go under - Champ decals, Mainline Modeler .....

With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web
site, articles in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group.

Ted has had some very unfortunate things happen in his life. If he sold some
built up models on e bay, I'm sure he did so with a heavy heart. If he's
selling kits at auction, it's because he needs the money.

I am a loyal customer of Ted's (both kits and books). To all who feel that
Ted's business practices have been less than perfect consider the
circumstances - and all Ted has done for the hobby.

Ed Mines

Benjamin Hom

Ed Mines wrote:
"With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting

steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles
in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group."

WTF?  You're right - Ted did do a great deal and deserves much credit, but
you're giving absolutely no credit to many who did a lot going all the back to
the early 1980s!  Contributors such as Hendrickson, Storzek, Thompson, and
Nehrich were doing as much or more, and long before guys like Ted and myself
came on the scene.

Ben Hom

Todd Horton

I think Ed Hawkins should be included in that group as well. Ed has always been VERY helpful to me.

Todd Horton

________________________________
"With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting

steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles
in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group."

WTF?  You're right - Ted did do a great deal and deserves much credit, but
you're giving absolutely no credit to many who did a lot going all the back to
the early 1980s!  Contributors such as Hendrickson, Storzek, Thompson, and
Nehrich were doing as much or more, and long before guys like Ted and myself
came on the scene.

Ben Hom

randy arnold

I have to agree as well, the series in RMC really got me interested, they
were well written and the author's love of the topic was obvious and
inspiring

--
Best Regards
Randy

jerryglow2

It was a different time and environment but Martin Loftin did quite a few articles that were a combination of prototype info and modeling.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Ed Mines wrote:
"With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting

steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles
in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group."

WTF?  You're right - Ted did do a great deal and deserves much credit, but
you're giving absolutely no credit to many who did a lot going all the back to
the early 1980s!  Contributors such as Hendrickson, Storzek, Thompson, and
Nehrich were doing as much or more, and long before guys like Ted and myself
came on the scene.

Ben Hom

Bill Welch

It was the trio of Martin, Richard H. and John Nehrich, especially the Shop Talks and the catalog of RR goodies from Rensselaer, and thier Magazine articles that seduced me about 1992--wow--20 years ago.

Bill Welch

Ed Mines wrote:
"With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting

steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles
in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group."

WTF?  You're right - Ted did do a great deal and deserves much credit, but
you're giving absolutely no credit to many who did a lot going all the back to
the early 1980s!  Contributors such as Hendrickson, Storzek, Thompson, and
Nehrich were doing as much or more, and long before guys like Ted and myself
came on the scene.

Ben Hom

midrly <midrly@...>

Add Stafford Swain to the list for we Canadian STMFC'ers. He's forgotten more than I know.

Steve Lucas.

Ed Mines wrote:
"With the exception of one person nobody did more than Ted Cullotta in
presenting

steam era freight car modeling to the modeling public - his web site, articles
in RMC, books .....even contributions to this group."

WTF?  You're right - Ted did do a great deal and deserves much credit, but
you're giving absolutely no credit to many who did a lot going all the back to
the early 1980s!  Contributors such as Hendrickson, Storzek, Thompson, and
Nehrich were doing as much or more, and long before guys like Ted and myself
came on the scene.

Ben Hom

ed_mines

Glad to see some others agree with me.

Whoever included Martin with Ted and professor/doctor Hendrickson is right. Sorry for my oversight. And Al Westerfield too.

And thanks to the many others too - Tony, Bob Hundman, Bob Weaver, Mike Brock, Rich Burg, Bob from Bob's photos, Dennis Storzak ......

If one of these guys slips a little it's OK with me. All give much more than they receive.

I've been screwed over much worse - remember hobbies for men in Beacon, NY?

Ed Mines