Branchline Blueprint 40' boxcar fate

cjbennett@...

To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ? I have built a few of these (Branchline) and loved the seperate ends, roof and doors. Great for all the weird Canadian cars I want anyone know what they will call these if the do make them?

Chris Bennett

Andy Harman

At 12:21 AM 8/17/2012 +0000, you wrote:
To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ?
I've been wondering the same thing. It's probably safe to say there won't be any more undecorated kits. I managed to build a small stash of undec and deco kits - they are very easy to strip if need be, with alcohol. A lot easier to strip a deco kit than to try and strip a deco+assembled RTR model. Cheaper too.

Andy

pennsylvania1954

Atlas has listed in their online catalog several of these kits, but no undecs. See

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=H994&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

I believe these are Blueprint cars, but they may be from the Yardmaster series. I just received a couple of ACF/URTX reefers from Atlas; they came in Branchline boxes.

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cjbennett@... wrote:

To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ? I have built a few of these (Branchline) and loved the seperate ends, roof and doors. Great for all the weird Canadian cars I want anyone know what they will call these if the do make them?

Chris Bennett

al_brown03

IIRC Branchline's postwar boxcars, like the ACF/URTX reefers, were in the Blueprint series.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hoxie" <stevehprr@...> wrote:

Atlas has listed in their online catalog several of these kits, but no undecs. See

I believe these are Blueprint cars, but they may be from the Yardmaster series. I just received a couple of ACF/URTX reefers from Atlas; they came in Branchline boxes.

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cjbennett@ wrote:

Chris Bennett

Allen Cain <allencain@...>

Atlas does sell some of the Branchline parts on their website. I purchased
several roofs for Southern boxcars and they are reasonably priced and came
quickly. I too would like to see them offer undecorated Branchline kits but
this does not seem to be of interest to them.

Allen Cain

Daniel McConnachie <dmcconnachie@...>

Weird? Different is a word I would use rather than weird. Makes modelling them interesting given that they are not cookie cutter versions of US cars!

Daniel McConnachie
Retired Head of Music
Stouffville District Secondary School

Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 11:26:58 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Branchline Blueprint 40' boxcar fate

IIRC Branchline's postwar boxcars, like the ACF/URTX reefers, were in the Blueprint series.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hoxie" <stevehprr@...> wrote:

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cjbennett@ wrote:

Chris Bennett

Jim Hayes

Branchline's 1937 AAR boxcars are the only Yardmaster. All others are
Blueprint.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=HT120&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

Jim

albyrno

Walthers lists them under ATLAS
 Alan

150-B1416 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/6' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Central (Boxcar Red, Mainline of Mid-America Slogan) HO 17.98 N TBA
150-B1417 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/6' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Terminal (Boxcar Red) HO 15.98 N TBA
150-B1506 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/8' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Central (Boxcar Red, Mainline of Mid-America Slogan) HO 15.98 N TBA
150-B1901 Branchline Blueprint Series 50' Welded-Side Boxcar w/9' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Norfolk & Western (Delivery Scheme, Boxcar Red) HO 15.98 N
find it Sold Out
150-B8043 Branchline Blueprint Series 1937 AAR 40' Boxcar - Kit (Plastic) -- Wabash (Boxcar Red, Flag Logo) HO

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:21 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Branchline Blueprint 40' boxcar fate

Chris Bennett

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Andy Harman

At 06:34 PM 8/17/2012 -0700, you wrote:
150-B1901 Branchline Blueprint Series 50' Welded-Side Boxcar w/9' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Norfolk & Western (Delivery Scheme, Boxcar Red)
This car is dead on *if* you get a couple of Kadee 9' thin-frame doors to replace the thick frame doors that come with the kit.

Andy