Branchline Blueprint 40' boxcar fate

cjbennett@...

To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ? I have built a few of these (Branchline) and loved the seperate ends, roof and doors. Great for all the weird Canadian cars I want anyone know what they will call these if the do make them?

Chris Bennett

Andy Harman

At 12:21 AM 8/17/2012 +0000, you wrote:
To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ?
I've been wondering the same thing. It's probably safe to say there won't be any more undecorated kits. I managed to build a small stash of undec and deco kits - they are very easy to strip if need be, with alcohol. A lot easier to strip a deco kit than to try and strip a deco+assembled RTR model. Cheaper too.

Andy

pennsylvania1954

Atlas has listed in their online catalog several of these kits, but no undecs. See

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=H994&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

I believe these are Blueprint cars, but they may be from the Yardmaster series. I just received a couple of ACF/URTX reefers from Atlas; they came in Branchline boxes.

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cjbennett@... wrote:

To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ? I have built a few of these (Branchline) and loved the seperate ends, roof and doors. Great for all the weird Canadian cars I want anyone know what they will call these if the do make them?

Chris Bennett

al_brown03

IIRC Branchline's postwar boxcars, like the ACF/URTX reefers, were in the Blueprint series.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hoxie" <stevehprr@...> wrote:

Atlas has listed in their online catalog several of these kits, but no undecs. See

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=H994&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

I believe these are Blueprint cars, but they may be from the Yardmaster series. I just received a couple of ACF/URTX reefers from Atlas; they came in Branchline boxes.

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cjbennett@ wrote:

To anyone's knowledge, has Atlas released or announced intention to release cars from the Branchline Blueprint 40', 10'-6" boxcar tooling ? I have built a few of these (Branchline) and loved the seperate ends, roof and doors. Great for all the weird Canadian cars I want anyone know what they will call these if the do make them?

Chris Bennett

Allen Cain <allencain@...>

Atlas does sell some of the Branchline parts on their website. I purchased
several roofs for Southern boxcars and they are reasonably priced and came
quickly. I too would like to see them offer undecorated Branchline kits but
this does not seem to be of interest to them.

Allen Cain

Daniel McConnachie <dmcconnachie@...>

Weird? Different is a word I would use rather than weird. Makes modelling them interesting given that they are not cookie cutter versions of US cars!

Daniel McConnachie
Retired Head of Music
Stouffville District Secondary School

________________________________
[...]

Jim Hayes

Branchline's 1937 AAR boxcars are the only Yardmaster. All others are
Blueprint.

https://secure.atlasrr.com/mod1/items.asp?Cc=HT120&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=

Jim

albyrno

Walthers lists them under ATLAS
 Alan

150-B1416 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/6' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Central (Boxcar Red, Mainline of Mid-America Slogan) HO 17.98 N TBA
150-B1417 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/6' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Terminal (Boxcar Red) HO 15.98 N TBA
150-B1506 Branchline Blueprint Series AAR 40' Postwar Boxcar w/8' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Illinois Central (Boxcar Red, Mainline of Mid-America Slogan) HO 15.98 N TBA
150-B1901 Branchline Blueprint Series 50' Welded-Side Boxcar w/9' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Norfolk & Western (Delivery Scheme, Boxcar Red) HO 15.98 N
find it Sold Out
150-B8043 Branchline Blueprint Series 1937 AAR 40' Boxcar - Kit (Plastic) -- Wabash (Boxcar Red, Flag Logo) HO

At 06:34 PM 8/17/2012 -0700, you wrote:
150-B1901 Branchline Blueprint Series 50' Welded-Side Boxcar w/9' Door - Kit (Plastic) -- Norfolk & Western (Delivery Scheme, Boxcar Red)
This car is dead on *if* you get a couple of Kadee 9' thin-frame doors to replace the thick frame doors that come with the kit.

Andy