Pinging Jerry Glow, again

Bill Lane

I got decals from Jerry **yesterday**.

I use jerryglow@comcast.net Maybe give him a few days to reply? But he has
always been very fast to reply to me.

Thank You,
Bill Lane

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy & PRSL in 1957 in S Scale since 1988

See my finished models at:
<http://www.lanestrains.com/> http://www.lanestrains.com
Look at what has been made in PRR in S Scale!

See my layout progess at:

<http://www.lanestrains.com/My_Layout.htm>
http://www.lanestrains.com/My_Layout.htm

Custom Train Parts Design
<http://www.lanestrains.com/SolidWorks_Modeling.htm>
http://www.lanestrains.com/SolidWorks_Modeling.htm

PRR Builders Photos Bought, Sold & Traded
(Trading is MUCH preferred)
<http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRphotos.xls>
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRphotos.xls

***Join the PRR T&HS***
The other members are not ALL like me!
<http://www.prrths.com/> http://www.prrths.com
<http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRTHS_Application.pdf>
http://www.lanestrains.com/PRRTHS_Application.pdf

Join the Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines Historical Society
It's FREE to join! <http://www.prslhs.com/> http://www.prslhs.com
Preserving The Memory Of The PRSL

Allen Cain <allencain@...>

Bill,

I have been sending un answered emails for over a month asking only for the
status. None have been answered.

I thought it was just me but am now hearing from others off list who are
experiencing the same problem.

We just need to know that the decals will be coming and I do not understand
why that is so difficult.

I have a fairly hefty investment in the Southern flatcar kits produced by
Chad Boas which I bought based on getting the decals from Jerry but now
wonder if I am going to be stuck with the kits and no decals.

I do not want to bash him, I just want the decals that I paid for and need
for these kits and ignoring my requests for status is frustrating at best.

Allen Cain

Steve Haas

Bill Lane comments:

<<I got decals from Jerry **yesterday**.>>

<<I use jerryglow@comcast.net Maybe give him a few days to reply? But he
has always been very fast to reply to me.>>

Bill,

Do you recall when you placed that order with Jerry? Perhaps we could use
that as a barometer of how much backlog Jerry is dealing with (if backlog is
the issue).

Food for thought.

Best regards,

Steve Haas
Snoqualmie, WA

Allen Cain <allencain@...>

My order was placed and paid for on June 24th.

Others have noted that they are receiving decals in a timely manner so I
have to question if backlog is the issue here.

And at least a response to my request for status would be appreciated.

Allen Cain

markrossiter67 <Mark.Rossiter@...>

Allen, it is quite possible that he is responding to your notes, but his messages are being bounced by your mail server. I have a friend who routinely tells me he is not getting my mailnotes, yet he is the only one out of dozens and dozens that I send to who seems to have this problem. Spam filter settings? Just a thought.

- - Mark Rossiter

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Cain" <allencain@...> wrote:

Bill,

I have been sending un answered emails for over a month asking only for the
status. None have been answered.

I thought it was just me but am now hearing from others off list who are
experiencing the same problem.

We just need to know that the decals will be coming and I do not understand
why that is so difficult.

I have a fairly hefty investment in the Southern flatcar kits produced by
Chad Boas which I bought based on getting the decals from Jerry but now
wonder if I am going to be stuck with the kits and no decals.

I do not want to bash him, I just want the decals that I paid for and need
for these kits and ignoring my requests for status is frustrating at best.

Allen Cain

Monk Alan <Alan.Monk@...>

Allen/all

I've had a bunch of decals on order since Feb - my order included some yellow UP ones and his supplier had problems with printing yellow at the time, and Jerry was waiting to fill a 'yellow' sheet, so they were delayed, but he let me know what was happening.

And I know Jerry's had some personal life stuff happen quite recently, so am happy to cut him plenty of slack as (based on my previous orders with him), I know he will deliver an excellent product. And yes, like Allen, I've bought certain cars and done work on them based mainly on the availability of Jerry's decals to complete them, (though I could probably cobble together something approximately correct from my decals boxes if I really had to), but in the meantime, I've plenty of other projects to be getting on with. :)

At the end of the day, he is what we'd call a 'cottage industry' supplier - someone who produces something that they themselves need but are happy to make the product available to a wider market as a sideline, NOT a major business.

Is the situation any different from when I send an order to Sunshine (from the UK)?? Aside from the Post Office tracking my outbound order to the point of delivery with Sunshine, I don't know how long my kits might take to arrive beyond the theoretical '6 months' (first I know is when I get the 'pay customs charge' note from the PO) approx 7-9 months later!

Cheers,
Alan Monk,
London, UK

The contents of the e-mail and any transmitted files are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Transport for London hereby exclude any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited., If you have received this email in error please notify postmaster@tfl.gov.uk., This email has been sent from Transport for London, or from one of the companies within its control within the meaning of Part V of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. Further details about TfL and its subsidiary companies can be found at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ourcompany, This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Thomas Baker

My experience with Jerry Glow has been the same: He does great work and goes the extra mile. He made one special decal for me and with the order in process he will have created another. Let's just be patient and get on to another project in the meantime. He will come through, I believe.

Tom