Topics

Off Topic--Shuttle

Jared Harper

Can anyone suggest a shuttle from Midway airport in Chicago to Naperville? Thanks!

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Guy Wilber

Jared,

Log on to Coach America and check their routes out of Chicago. Usual runs go from MW to and from O'Hare and to many points North and South on the hour all day long.

The prices are around 25-30 dollar range with clean buses and polite drivers.

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada
On Oct 11, 2012, at 7:54 AM, "JaredH" <harperandbrown@...> wrote:

Can anyone suggest a shuttle from Midway airport in Chicago to Naperville? Thanks!

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

James SANDIFER

When I did the trip, I took the metrorail to downtown, walked across the
river to Union Station, and took the commuter train to Naperville. It was a
fun and informative ride. The hotel picked me up at Naperville depot.

J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer

mailto:steve.sandifer@...

Office: Southwest Central Church of Christ, 4011 W. Bellfort, Houston, TX
77025, 713-667-9417

Can anyone suggest a shuttle from Midway airport in Chicago to Naperville?
Thanks!

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

np328

Have you considered taking the L downtown and then getting on a Metro at Union Station? My wife has done it when she flew in and actually liked it. The site used to have a free van from the Naperville depot. Not sure if the new mgmnt does though. Might add an hour to your transit time.
IIRC, shuttles from the airport to the site are, to me, a bit spendy. Money I can better spend on models.
Jim Dick - St. Paul

--- In STMFC@..., "JaredH" <harperandbrown@...> wrote:
Can anyone suggest a shuttle from Midway airport in Chicago to Naperville? Thanks!

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

erict1361 <erict1361@...>

Jared,

I do not think there are any. None run by the Hotel to my knowledge. I had this problem in 2010 when I flew into Midway.I could not find any Hotel shuttles going to the Naperville area. Most shuttles seem to run from O'hare to that area. I ended up taking a Taxi at $45.00. Now I fly in on AMTRAK. I did find this : They go to Naperville from Midway and back.

https://americancoachlimousine.hudsonltd.net/res

Eric Thur

--- In STMFC@..., "JaredH" <harperandbrown@...> wrote:

Can anyone suggest a shuttle from Midway airport in Chicago to Naperville? Thanks!

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Christopher Parker <conductorchris@...>

If you are going to a train event, why not take the train!

It will be cheaper and more fun, even if you have to take extra time to
go into Chicago to get from the airport.

tmolsen@...

Jared,

The Marriott does not have s shuttle that goes to and from the airport. I asked them when I made my reservation as I had several friends that were thinking of attending the meet. Their response was that the shuttle would only operate within the five mile radius of the hotel.

Your choices are those which the guys have mentioned in response to your email. If you take the El into Chicago to Union Station, you can get the Metra local out to Naperville and the cost is $10 roundtrip. If you are a senior, then it is $5 roundtrip.

Best regards,

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479