Topics

Klasing hand brake in HO in injection molded plastic

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

The Klasing folder in the photo section is finally populated. Would those of you who have experienced a need for a Klasing hand brake in HO scale please have a look and tell me which one you want?

Or are you after something not shown. There are other Klasing hand brakes but I considered them much less likely to be desired.

Send your desire to me off list, please.

If there is a significant number of responses I will post the results.

Gene Green

Andy Laurent

Gene,
The 525-A looks like the "Klasing Handbrake" that folks were looking for.
Andy Laurent

--- In STMFC@..., "Gene" <bierglaeser@...> wrote:

The Klasing folder in the photo section is finally populated. Would those of you who have experienced a need for a Klasing hand brake in HO scale please have a look and tell me which one you want?

Or are you after something not shown. There are other Klasing hand brakes but I considered them much less likely to be desired.

Send your desire to me off list, please.

If there is a significant number of responses I will post the results.

Gene Green

Tim O'Connor

I want either/both of these :-)

I think Red Caboose is very similar to this one for the Mather reefer:

The lever-style hand brakes would be nice but they're less important to me
as there are some 'stand in' versions on the market. Not to mention how delicate
they might be.

Tim O'

The Klasing folder in the photo section is finally populated. Would those
> of you who have experienced a need for a Klasing hand brake in HO scale please
> have a look and tell me which one you want?
> Or are you after something not shown. There are other Klasing hand brakes but
> I considered them much less likely to be desired.
> Send your desire to me off list, please.
> If there is a significant number of responses I will post the results.
> Gene Green

Bill Kelly

I would like to second Tim's :-) as these are also my picks.
Later,
Bill Kelly

Tim O' wrote:

I want either/both of these :-)
view
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/STMFC/photos/album/430366321/pic/673940272/
view

snip<
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5078563f50570563f4c85st02vuc

Daniel McConnachie <dmcconnachie@...>

Tim,

Who makes the lever style you mention in this post?

Thanks.

Daniel McConnachie
Retired Head of Music
Stouffville District Secondary School

________________________________
I think Red Caboose is very similar to this one for the Mather reefer:

The lever-style hand brakes would be nice but they're less important to me
as there are some 'stand in' versions on the market. Not to mention how delicate
they might be.

Tim O'

The Klasing folder in the photo section is finally populated. Would those
of you who have experienced a need for a Klasing hand brake in HO scale please
have a look and tell me which one you want?
Or are you after something not shown. There are other Klasing hand brakes but
I considered them much less likely to be desired.
Send your desire to me off list, please.
If there is a significant number of responses I will post the results.
Gene Green

e.g. Proto 2000 Greenville gondola

I think Red Caboose is very similar to this one for the Mather reefer:

The lever-style hand brakes would be nice but they're less important to me
as there are some 'stand in' versions on the market. Not to mention how delicate
they might be.

Tim O'

The Klasing folder in the photo section is finally populated. Would those
of you who have experienced a need for a Klasing hand brake in HO scale please
have a look and tell me which one you want?
Or are you after something not shown. There are other Klasing hand brakes but
I considered them much less likely to be desired.
Send your desire to me off list, please.
If there is a significant number of responses I will post the results.
Gene Green

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

Does Walthers make the parts sprue for the P2K Greenville gon available as a separate item?

The two hand brakes are a Klasing 700-ish thing and an extremely rare Ajax lever hand brake of which I have only seen one in more than 30 years of looking.

Gene Green

Tim O'Connor

Gene

Having built 20+ P2K Greenville gons, I have a small supply of leftover parts. Anyone
want some P2K drop-doors? (There are two sets in each kit.)

I think either Detail Associates or Details West makes a very nice lever hand brake, but
it may be too modern for the steam era. They are commonly applied on modern flat cars.

Tim O'Connor