Topics

HO Scale Truck Document

Richard Hendrickson

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Mark Stamm

Great document and follow up to your RP CYC article.

Thanks,

Mark Stamm
Mark@euphoriatt.com

Sent from my mobile device

On Oct 16, 2012, at 4:10 PM, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@opendoor.com> wrote:

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Gene <bierglaeser@...>

Excellent photographs, Richard! Your hand out is one I'd like to print out and put on my work bench. Thanks for all your work.
Gene Green

Jared Harper

I can view this document with all the pictures, but when I try to print it (three times)it gives the message "This file is damaged and cannot be repaired." Any clues as to what is going on?

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Nelson Moyer <ku0a@...>

Jared,

Did you download the pdf to your hard drive before trying to print it?
There's a button to do that in the file menu.

Nelson Moyer

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Richard
Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

ronald parisi

Dear Richard:

Thanks for publishing this handout. A truly invaluable document for us
great unwashed.

Ron Parisi

Eric Hiser <ehiser@...>

Thank you Richard!!
Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Daniel A. Mitchell

I successfully downloaded the "trucks" document, but it will not download as a ".pdf" ... I get a strange "webarchive" format. It looks "OK" on my screen, but I cannot print the document. I get strange half-pages, and blank, all black, pages when I attempt to print it. I've tried changing the size and format, but to no avail.

I normally have NO problems handling ".pdf" documents.

Any suggestions?

Dan Mitchell
========

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hiser <ehiser@...> wrote:

Thank you Richard!!
Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

BRIAN PAUL EHNI <behni@...>

I'm pretty sure I managed to D/L as a PDF the other day. It should be at
home on my computer (or maybe I just bookmarked it?). When I get home, I'll
check and see. Perhaps we can get Richard to put it in the Files folder on
the STMFC site?

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitch@tir.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:17 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

I successfully downloaded the "trucks" document, but it will not download as
a ".pdf" ... I get a strange "webarchive" format. It looks "OK" on my
screen, but I cannot print the document. I get strange half-pages, and
blank, all black, pages when I attempt to print it. I've tried changing the
size and format, but to no avail.

I normally have NO problems handling ".pdf" documents.

Any suggestions?

Dan Mitchell
========

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Eric Hiser
<ehiser@...> wrote:

Thank you Richard!!
Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Greg Bartek

I downloaded it just fine as a .pdf file. It opens as such with Adobe.
Many thanks to Mr. Hendrickson for allowing this to be available to all.

Greg Bartek

From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitch@...>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:17 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

I successfully downloaded the "trucks" document, but it will not download as
a ".pdf" ... I get a strange "webarchive" format. It looks "OK" on my
screen, but I cannot print the document. I get strange half-pages, and
blank, all black, pages when I attempt to print it. I've tried changing the
size and format, but to no avail.

I normally have NO problems handling ".pdf" documents.

Any suggestions?

Dan Mitchell
========

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Eric Hiser
<ehiser@> wrote:

Thank you Richard!!
Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

BRIAN PAUL EHNI <behni@...>

Just figured it out (again). On the web page controls (File, Edit, View,
Help), click on "File", then "Download"

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

On Oct 24, 2012, at 9:24 AM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:
... Perhaps we can get Richard to put it in the Files folder on
the STMFC site?
Brian, there are several problems with that. One is that the file
is huge, with all those photos. Another is that only STMFC members
have access to STMFC files. And then I'd have it in two places,
which would be inconvenient when I update it, as I plan to do
periodically. Also, though a few people seem to have had some
initial problems downloading it, everyone who wishes to access it has
eventually been able to do so, AFAIK. I'll include the current web
address in my posts whenever I announce a revision. As for printing
it out, I have no problem with that except that I'm unhappy with the
idea of having obsolete copies floating around after it's been
revised. So if you print a hard copy, make sure you go back from
time to time to get any changes/updates. The whole point of having
it on the internet is so it will remain current. I don't want
someone complaining, two or three years from now, that I made
mistakes or omissions when I have, in fact, corrected them.

Richard Hendrickson

BRIAN PAUL EHNI <behni@...>

I sent that before figuring out (again) how to download the PDF; I have sent
those instructions to STMFC, so I no longer feel it's necessary to upload to
the STMFC site, as users can either bookmark and/or download as necessary.

This file is an excellent source of information.

--
Thanks!

Brian Ehni

From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:32 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: HO Scale Truck Document

[...]

SUVCWORR@...

Click on the link. Once it downloads. Control-S. click on download then open with adobe then save as a pdf or text if you prefer

Rich Orr

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

Jim Hayes

Or give up and install Chrome. Everybody should know that Google's going to
take over the world. I use Chrome for email, Firefox for web access, and
leave Explorer for my wife.

Jim

**

From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitch@tir.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:17 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

I successfully downloaded the "trucks" document, but it will not download
as
a ".pdf" ... I get a strange "webarchive" format. It looks "OK" on my
screen, but I cannot print the document. I get strange half-pages, and
blank, all black, pages when I attempt to print it. I've tried changing the
size and format, but to no avail.

I normally have NO problems handling ".pdf" documents.

Any suggestions?

Dan Mitchell
========

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Eric Hiser

<ehiser@...> wrote:

Thank you Richard!!
Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ

Sorry, guys. I inadvertently hit the "send" button before I got the
web address posted. IT IS:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz_ctrHrDz4wMkpBYUw1RjhmRkE/edit?pli=1

My idea is to periodically update this document as new trucks appear
so that it will remain current. I'll be interested in any feed back
or suggestions for additions or improvements you may care to send me.

Richard Hendrickson

John Degnan

Too bad Chrome has been proven to NOT be 100% compatable with all Microsoft software. Click HERE to see for yourself. Almost like trying to run HOn3 trains on HO track... almost. <--- (Required railroad/modeling content)

:)

If the hyperlink gets stripped, comtact me directly for the long-winded address.

John Degnan
Scaler164@comcast.net
Scaler187@comcast.net

Or give up and install Chrome. Everybody should know that Google's going to
take over the world. I use Chrome for email, Firefox for web access, and
leave Explorer for my wife.

Jim

Aley, Jeff A

Too bad this has nothing to do with Steam-Era Freight Cars.

Let's get back to trains, please.

Thanks,

-Jeff Aley
Deputy Moderator, STMFC