Airbrush Clinic & Demo at Naperville

Alan Houtz

To all who commented, thank you very much! I had fun teaching the classes. It is our intent to return next year, though I was thinking of shortening the clinic. The thought was possibly a one hour beginner session and a one hour advanced session every day. I spoke with many who were interested in attending but could not see their way clear to giving up three hours of clinic time for one event. As a long time attendee, believe me I can relate! No matter how I juggled my clinic schedule in a given year I always ended up missing out on something!

Your thoughts on what you would like in a class are welcome.

Cordially,

Alan Houtz

--- In STMFC@..., "lnbill" <fgexbill@...> wrote:

I am curious if anyone on the list participated in the Iwata Airbrush Clinic & Demo during the recent Naperville event and what learnings, wisdom, opinions, etc resulted in general about painting, airbrushing, the their specific airbrush?

Bill Welch

jdziadul <dziadul@...>

I was not in Naperville, but I attended the hands on 2 1/2 hour airbrush clinic at the NMRA convention in Grand Rapids and consider it to be the best investment of clinic time of any convention I have ever attended. I highly recommend it for any airbrush novices like me.
Jack Dziadul
Sanford, NC

Clark Propst

Alan should be doing demos at trainfest next weekend also if you missed Naperville.

Clark Propst

Tim O'Connor

One of the reasons I like to use Floquil for weathering is that it can be
applied with less than 10 lbs of air pressure -- really helps when using a
double action with a #1 fine needle and tip.

In general with enamel paints (not Accupaint/Star/Tru-Color) I now try to mix
what I need for the paint session and toss out anything left over -- never put
it back in the source bottle.

Tim O'