From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Pierre
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:07 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Kadee bracket grab irons

James,
I will have one commercially available soon. Probably by the new year.
Price TBA.
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , "James"
<jkcummings@...> wrote:

Has anyone yet etched a drilling template for installing Kadee bracket
grabirons ?
Regards, James Cummings

Steve SANDIFER

I have some dial calipers (Harbor Freight). I set the opening to match the centerline of the grabs to be installed. Then I use the thumb screw to tighten the caliper down so it won't move. One side of the caliper is for measuring the outside dimension of something, the other side for the inside dimension, and the inside anvils are very sharp. I simply line them up where I think the grabs should go and push them into the plastic, or in some cases scratch a line. That method works great for me.
J. Stephen (Steve) Sandifer
mailto:steve.sandifer@...