Funaro and Camerlengo - Are They Out of Business?

webotkin

Hi,

A while ago I purchased ten F&C DL&W cement hopper from F&C. In the course of building the kits, I found numerous missing or poorly cast parts. I sent a letter to F&C in July and after hearing nothing, I called and spoke to a woman (sorry, I don't have her name) and was promised the replacement parts in September. Nothing arrived and I called again and was promised October. Nothing arrived and I called again was promised that the castings were being made now and I would have the parts within a week. Still no parts in November.

Now it is mid-December and still no replacement parts. I have tried to contact F&C using the phone numbers on their web site (570-224-4989 or 570-352-2282) which have worked in the past, now no reply. The first phone number says their mailbox is full and the other says there is no mailbox to leave messages.

Is F&C out of business? At this point, I am going to have fabricate the parts myself from styrene. If F&C is still in business, I can't recommend them as standing behind their products.

Bill Botkin
Centennial, CO

Dennis Williams

Bill.
  I know that they are very busy with shows, farm,etc.  I talked to Sharon just this week.
Dennis Williams/Owner
http://www.resinbuilders4u.com/

________________________________
[...]

Pierre <pierre.oliver@...>

I spoke to Sharon yesterday.
So they're still around and kicking.
Try calling again, they are in and out a lot.
Pierre Oliver

--- In STMFC@..., "webotkin" <webotkin@...> wrote:

[...]

rdgbuff56

I have dealt with F&C.  Sharon wrote a very pleasant note with replacement parts I needed.  I would say probably an oversight.

Francis A. Pehowic, Jr.
Sunbury, Pa.

[...]

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Sharon at F&C has always been helpful land responsive to me. They must have run into a casting problem or something, to have left your needs on one side for so long. But please do not start rumors that you think they are out of business. This can hurt them without helping you.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Dennis Williams

I talked to Sharon about this. From what I understand, they are hung up on one part.  Please give them a call. She should be there.
I hope that this helped you.