Topics

HO 70 Ton Barber S2 trucks.

After a wait of several years, I am offering the Red Caboose 70 Ton truck to the group at $3.90/pair without wheel sets. I do have wheels sets available @ $2.75 extra/pair of trucks. Postage will be added and for Paypay, their extra fees will be added. As Richard Hendrickson noted:"the Barber S-2 was one of the two truck designs that were
widely used from the end of WW II through the '50s (the other being
the ASF A-3), so the 70 ton Barber S-2 was applied to many cars built
for many different railroads, chiefly (but not exclusively) flat
cars, mill gondolas, large hoppers, and covered hoppers. Later in
the '50s, they were also applied to a growing number of 70 ton box,
auto, insulated box, and mechanical refrigerator cars. As Ron
Merrick observes, spring package arrangements varied". Andy Carlson offered these trucks recently but he is sold out and I have a limited # of these to sell. If you are interested or have questions, contact me OFF LIST at <espeefan@...>. Thanks.
Happy Holidays,
Dan Smith