Topics

Lehigh Valley Drop Side LCL Gondolas

Layout Tour

Hi Guys,

I am trying to locate a photo of a Lehigh Valley 27000-27024 series drop
side LCL container gondola. They were built by the Standard Steel Car Co.
in 1930 and leased from the L.C.L. Corporation until the early 1940's. The
LV LCL service was short lived and they were converted to standard gondolas
in 1947.

The original cars were probably identical in construction to the NYC 47'-11"
337400-337459 series cars which were also built by SSCC and covered in
Railway Prototype Cyclopedia 10.

My model of the car is finished and it's ready for the paint shop. I may
have to guess how it was lettered based on other LV gondolas during the
30's, but a photo would really help.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

Layout Tour

I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

wdzwonchyk

I asked about the Retterer colletion when I first joined the group and got no replies. My undertanding is that he passed away in 2011. I have been unable to ascertain what has become of his collection of builders photos, etc. Wayne M Dzwonchyk

--- In STMFC@..., "Layout Tour" wrote:

I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

Todd Horton

I think Keith passed away, I can't confirm that but that's what I heard.

Todd Horton

________________________________
I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

Rich Yoder

Not True!
I Also heard that rumor this past summer but Have communicated with him since.
Rich Yoder

I think Keith passed away, I can't confirm that but that's what I heard.

Todd Horton

________________________________
I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

wdzwonchyk

Great! Would you mind sharing his contact information with the members of the group?
Wayne M. Dzwonchyk

--- In STMFC@..., "Richard Yoder" wrote:

Not True!
I Also heard that rumor this past summer but Have communicated with him since.
Rich Yoder

I think Keith passed away, I can't confirm that but that's what I heard.

Todd Horton

________________________________
I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

Rich Yoder

Keith R. email is
frecklesearnhardtbear@...
Sincerely,
Rich Yoder

I think Keith passed away, I can't confirm that but that's what I heard.

Todd Horton

________________________________
I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives
were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know
him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

wdzwonchyk

Thanks, Rich. I've been trying to find a way to get in touch with him for two years!
Wayne M. Dzwonchyk

--- In STMFC@..., "Richard Yoder" wrote:

Keith R. email is
frecklesearnhardtbear@...
Sincerely,
Rich Yoder

I think Keith passed away, I can't confirm that but that's what I heard.

Todd Horton

________________________________
I understand that the Standard Steel Car Company (SSCC) photo archives
were
in the collection of Keith Retterer of Marietta, GA. Does anyone know
him
or how I can get in touch with him. Thanks.

Chuck Davis

Norfolk, VA

lrkdbn

No, he's alive and well. I just bought some images on a CD from him.
LR King