Topics

seaboard boxcar

tomedill@frontier.com

would like to build a model of Seaboard boxcar using an Atlas 1932 body style 2 kit, part #20 000 171 if anyone has one for sale or possible trade. thanks, Tom Dill

arved_grass

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "tomedill@..." wrote:

would like to build a model of Seaboard boxcar using an Atlas 1932 body style 2 kit, part #20 000 171 if anyone has one for sale or possible trade. thanks, Tom Dill
GMTA. Been reading Tony Thompson's blog?

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2012/12/small-modeling-project-1932-ara-box-car.html

I've been scouring the web looking for an undec to start with. Tough! But it looks like they have them at Toy Train Heaven. Now, if it's really in stock... We'll see if my order gets filled, or if I get an e-mail that the order is cancelled due to none in stock.

Otherwise, like Tony, there are decorated cars available that can be easily stripped in 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. There are a few KCS(L&A) cars shown in stock at M. B. Klein (5+9+9 = 23) that I believe are the same basic body style:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/ztna9.tft5b/v/vspfiles/photos/ATL-20001254-2.jpg?1335605098

Or if that link is too long:

http://tinyurl.com/axql5wl

That's my backup plan if Toy Train Heaven falls through on the undec.

I hope this helps. Good luck and Happy New Year!

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, Florida

Clark Propst

I've got a Sunshine kit I'd part with...
Clark Propst

Carl

Which one ? ...and how much ? Best Wishes--Carl

Carl G. Camann
Atlanta, GA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, cepropst@... wrote:

I've got a Sunshine kit I'd part with...
Clark Propst

golden1014

Tom,

Tony's article in his blog is excellent. FYI, we did an exhaustive article in The Seaboard-Coast Line Modeler in 2009 that covered the prototype SAL cars and modeling using both the Atlas and Sunshine models. That article is in Vol 3, No. 1, 1st Quarter 2009 edition (we call that issue "SCLM #7").

The Atlas cars are around--just have to look hard. You might also try the HOInterchange list on Yahoo Groups. I've found a ton of hard-to-get items there.

John Golden
O'Fallon, IL

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "tomedill@..." wrote:

would like to build a model of Seaboard boxcar using an Atlas 1932 body style 2 kit, part #20 000 171 if anyone has one for sale or possible trade. thanks, Tom Dill

Steve Lucas <midrly@...>

Excellent blog post by Tony on modifying this car to a Seaboard model. I'll have to print it off--there is a "peacetime" use for this model that I bought in a fit of ignorance. As for Atlas decorating this thing up as a CN/GTW 1936 rebuild I might be less charitable than Ben Hom has been in describing it.

Steve Lucas.

Sent from my iPod