News from Model Shapeways & UPS

Benjamin Scanlon

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Dempsey <thmsdmpsy@...> wrote:

Based on a number of responses I got about cleaning them, I ended up in the kitchen sink scrubbing like it was a resin casting from a newbie caster.  The dish soap and old toothbrush routine worked fine for me (but I did have to go over the "casting" twice).  However, nothing will eliminate the "pebbly" finish once you paint it.

Tom Dempsey, Spokane, WA

Loctite 7063 aerosol cleaner was recommended on the 3mm scale list, but i am not sure if it's available stateside.

i'm still a bit worried about how their FUD material fares under strong sunlight. some reports from australia are less than glowing. here in cambridgeshire it's not such an issue. sun? what sun?

ben

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

On 2/18/2013 11:11 AM, Thomas Dempsey wrote:

I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner... and I suspect getting one would cost more than a can of Bestine!
Actually a small one from Harbor Freight is quite cheap. It is the
jewelry size. #3305 for 30 bucks.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941