car ID help

Clark Propst

I’ve drawn a blank on two box cars I’d like to model if possible.
SP 103374 102100-103597
GN 45114 45000-46999

Would appreciate any help, photos.
Thanks!!
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Clark Propst wrote:
I’ve drawn a blank on two box cars I’d like to model if possible.
SP 103374 102100-103597
GN 45114 45000-46999
Would appreciate any help, photos.
I can send you photos and info on the SP class off line, if you like. The number group you mention constitutes the first 1500 cars of a 4500-car class, SP's B-50-28, built by Pullman-Standard in 1950. The car you mention had an Equipco handbrake, diagonal=panel roof, Morton running board, ASF A-3 trucks, and 7-foot Youngstown doors. Ends were 3/4 Improved Dreadnaught with the skinny top rectangular rib, and the cars were just 10 feet inside height. There is a Sunshine kit for this class, or it can be readily kitbashed from a C&BT Shops kit.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Clark Propst

Thanks Tony. I received several emails about these two cars.

I looked at the ORER and saw they both were 10'IH and thought of the 12 panel cars. When I didn't find my numbers in those series I drew a blank. Completely forgot about the wood side GN cars and the short AAR 44 cars. I should be able to come up with models of both cars.

Thanks to all!

Clark Propst

I can send you photos and info on the SP class off line, if you like. >
Tony Thompson