Topics

1937 UP boxcar #ing help #ing

Dick Harley

On Thu Mar 14, 2013 George Courtney asked about lettering an S scale
40-ft double-door steel boxcar as an OSL (UP) car and possibly using
slogan letters for the reporting marks.

FWIW, the SAW slogan is done in 10-inch lettering, and the reporting
marks are done in 9-inch letters.

Maybe more importantly, I don't know of any double-door steel boxcars
lettered for OSL or any other UP subsidiary.
And the B-50-27 is the only class of single-door steel boxcars
lettered for OSL.

Please let me know if I have forgotten something.

Cheers,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach, CA

George Courtney

In a case of premature posting, I forgot to mention that the S scale PRS car I have is a double door 40' car. I dug up a earlier post about Red Caboose OSL possible 40' cars, Tim O'Conner iirc. I went to the current Red Caboose site and saw their 40' Double Door UP offering. However I then realized that the earlier post may have referred to a single door not double door car.
I've got a Jerry Glow UP decal set now that I could use the "Serves All the West" for the OSL reporting marks. Come to think of it that slogan would give me OWR&N as well as LA&SL if I could fina s ampersand in the right color also using a extra UNION for O & N.
Is the 47 hundred series correct for a double door OSL reporting marks for 1953 to 1958?

Thanks,
George Courtney

--- In STMFC@..., jerryglow@... wrote:

from the AAR'37 PDF on the STEFC site:
OSL (UP) B-50-27 UP-Albina 500 189400 189899 1940 Note 6 Wood W Welded underframe-Mt. Vernon; ACR*

Archer makes ACR pattern rivets (I've used their HO version) http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/modeling/UP_10'_ACR.html

I have a set and although I have done quite a few sets in S-scale although not that one specifically.

Jerry Glow
http://home.comcast.net/~jerryglow/decals/

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@> wrote:

I'm wanting to letter a S scale PRS 1937 Boxcar for the Union Pacific with the OSL reporting marks. I can't find S scale decals for this, but thought I could use the "Serves All The West" slogan from a second set of decals for the S and the L with the O from the UNION.
I don't know the correct car number to use with the OSL reporting marks. Can anyone help? I realize this car is probably a stand -in. Is there a easy fix with Archer decals?

Thanks,
George Courtney

jerryglow2

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@...> wrote:

I'm wanting to letter a S scale PRS 1937 Boxcar for the Union Pacific with the OSL reporting marks. I can't find S scale decals for this, but thought I could use the "Serves All The West" slogan from a second set of decals for the S and the L with the O from the UNION.
I don't know the correct car number to use with the OSL reporting marks. Can anyone help? I realize this car is probably a stand -in. Is there a easy fix with Archer decals?

Thanks,
George Courtney

StephenK

Jerry Glow makes some UP boxcar sets. His site says he can print in other scales. Maybe he can help.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@...> wrote:

I'm wanting to letter a S scale PRS 1937 Boxcar for the Union Pacific with the OSL reporting marks. I can't find S scale decals for this, but thought I could use the "Serves All The West" slogan from a second set of decals for the S and the L with the O from the UNION.
I don't know the correct car number to use with the OSL reporting marks. Can anyone help? I realize this car is probably a stand -in. Is there a easy fix with Archer decals?

Thanks,
George Courtney

George Courtney

After posting I found the car number I needed a couple pages deep in the older messages.

Thanks,
George Courtney