Another nice video

spsalso

This GN safety film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

shot in the forties has a goodly amount of freight cars in it. Imagine that! There's demonstrations on the right and wrong way to operate various handbrakes. And a Southern boxcar with those funny ends. And lotsa truss rods.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

midrly

To this working railroader, there's a lot of scary work habits in this film.

If you look carefully at the "rear end collision" at about 32 minutes in, the equipment used seems to be American Flyer models on a layout.

But this is a nice film that shows a lot of STMFC's!

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "spsalso" <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

This GN safety film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

shot in the forties has a goodly amount of freight cars in it. Imagine that! There's demonstrations on the right and wrong way to operate various handbrakes. And a Southern boxcar with those funny ends. And lotsa truss rods.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

brianleppert@att.net

Interurban Videos released this in VHS in 1988 under the name "Safe Switching".

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "spsalso" <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

This GN safety film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

Charles Morrill

I thought the collision was done on an O scale layout. But the film was very interesting and not just because of the freight car shots.
Charlie

To this working railroader, there's a lot of scary work habits in this film.

If you look carefully at the "rear end collision" at about 32 minutes in, the equipment used seems to be American Flyer models on a layout.

But this is a nice film that shows a lot of STMFC's!

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "spsalso" <Edwardsutorik@...> wrote:

This GN safety film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

shot in the forties has a goodly amount of freight cars in it. Imagine that! There's demonstrations on the right and wrong way to operate various handbrakes. And a Southern boxcar with those funny ends. And lotsa truss rods.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

Rod Miller

On 4/1/13 3:56 PM, spsalso wrote:
This GN safety film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpayZ2JqlU

shot in the forties has a goodly amount of freight cars in it. Imagine that!
There's demonstrations on the right and wrong way to operate various
handbrakes. And a Southern boxcar with those funny ends. And lotsa truss
rods.

Ed

Edward Sutorik
Someone speculated about the scale of the model trains in the
wreck scene. I speculate, based upon the variety of rolling
stock, that they are either O or HO. Adding in the time frame
when the movie was made narrows it down in my mind to O scale.
Whatever the scale, the locos and rolling stock are nicely
done for when the movie was made.

Rod

--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives, | O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More | 2014 Meet is Feb 6 - 8

proto48er

Rod -

The freight car lettering in the wrecked train looks like decal were applied without clearcoat. And note well the presence of the large VGN hopper in the train!!!

A.T. Kott