Topics

Lackawanna USRA steel box car question

npin53

I'm interested in modeling one of the DL&W box cars in the 47000-47699, and 47700-47999 series. What ends and roof did these cars have?

There is a picture of one of the cars in Ted Cullota's box and auto car reference manual, page 128.

Are decals available for the "Route of Phoebe Snow" logo?

Thank you for any assistance.

Aaron Gjermundson
Still Winter in North Dakota.

Donald Ford <ford.donald77@...>

Aaron
the 47000 series had 4/4 dreadnaugh end with the corrugations beveled off the the end of the ribs and Hutchins dry lading roof they came with Youngstown dors but some got 5 or 6 panel Surerior doors  I have a poto of one of those cars but the lettering is all most gone con't read the number
the 47700 series had the same type of ends and Murphy rectangular panel roofs they alos got soem Surperior doors the Seatm era site has a picture of 47936 with a 6 panelk Superior door hope this helps
Don Ford
69 and sunny in Kanab UT

npin53

Thanks for the help with my DL&W box car questions. I now need to track down RP Cyc#21.

Aaron Gjermundson