DL&W double sheathed boxcar roof question

Bud Rindfleisch

Gents,
Asking for a friend who is not on line, what type of roof was used on the DL&W double sheathed boxcars? Was there more than one type? Any good photos?
Thanks,
Bud Rindfleisch

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 13, 2013, at 6:20 PM, "Bud Rindfleisch" <BlackDiamondRR@gmail.com> wrote:
Gents,
Asking for a friend who is not on line, what type of roof was used on the DL&W double sheathed boxcars? Was there more than one type? Any good photos?
Bud, I assume you're referring to the 40' ARA-desing cars, They were built with Hutchins Dry Lading roofs, but those were replaced in the 1940s with Murphy rectangular panel roofs. I have photos of cars with both the original and replacement roofs, but they only show the roof edges.

Richard Hendrickson