Blue "Tank Car Connected" Sign

Richard Hendrickson

Somewhere I've seen a photo of a blue sign attached to a tank car unloading track reading "Stop - Tank Car Connected" or something to that effect. But now, of course, I can't recall where. Can anyone on the list direct me to such a photo?

Richard Hendrickson

Tony Thompson

Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Somewhere I've seen a photo of a blue sign attached to a tank car unloading track reading "Stop - Tank Car Connected" or something to that effect. But now, of course, I can't recall where. Can anyone on the list direct me to such a photo?
One is in the email to you. Tony

John

Richard:

That is one type of "Blue Flag" protection. Take a look here:

http://www.aldonco.com

-or-

http://www.aldonco.com/products.aspx?sec=2&cat=114&subid=20

Lots of fun toys for the 12" to the foot railroad enthusiast.

<VBG> John

On Jul 10, 2013, at 4:35 PM, "John Sykes" <John.Sykes@us.army.mil> wrote:

Richard:

That is one type of "Blue Flag" protection. Take a look here:

http://www.aldonco.com

-or-

http://www.aldonco.com/products.aspx?sec=2&cat=114&subid=20
Thanks, John.

John Sykes wrote:
That is one type of "Blue Flag" protection. Take a look here:
http://www.aldonco.com
-or-
http://www.aldonco.com/products.aspx?sec=2&cat=114&subid=20
Lots of fun toys for the 12" to the foot railroad enthusiast.
Might be worth pointing out that these images are of OSHA-standard signs, long postdating this list. Before 1960, signs were different -- and not standard.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history

mrprksr <mrprksr@...>

Blue Flag....Rule 26 on most railroads doesn't have much bearing on the Canadian incident.....Blue Flags protect  workers working on or about the cars that are protected by a blue flag....even engines being serviced on a fuel rack are normally blue flagged.....You cannot foul or block a blue flagged track and cannot couple to the cars beyond the blue flag.....only person who put up the blue flag or his foreman can take it back down....Often said that a Blue Flag is the most restricted signal.....You can get permission to pass a Red stop signal but not a Blue Flag......Larry