Some steam era freight car content on the Library of Congress site

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Some steam era freight car content on the Library of Congress site...

PRR flat car
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997003252/PP/resource/

Possible KCS gondola
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997003844/PP/resource/

Hopper (possible Rainey-Wood car? My spelling might be off on this one...)
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004264/PP/resource/

WM 15245 twin hopper
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004265/PP/resource/
and again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004266/PP/resource/

Nice yard shot
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004503/PP/resource/
and again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004504/PP/resource/
and still again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004505/PP/resource/
and finally at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004510/PP/resource/

MILW 307006 and other MILW composit gons at coaling tower
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004515/PP/resource/

MILW boxcars at coaling tower
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004516/PP/resource/

Yard view taken from high above
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997004669/PP/resource/

Freight cars behind REA building
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997005200/PP/resource/

String of boxcars at grain elevator
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997005278/PP/resource/
and again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997005279/PP/resource/

Somewhat rare PRR-built FGEX class R7 reefer
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997010685/PP/resource/
and also at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997010686/PP/resource/
and again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997010850/PP/resource/

SLRX reefer
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997010687/PP/resource/

MILW gons and rib-side boxcars
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997005522/PP/resource/
and again at
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997005530/PP/resource/

Unkown composite hopper partial view
http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/fsa1997008300/PP/resource/

Enjoy!

- Claus Schlund

MICHAELCALO3403 <michaelcalo3403@...>

Nice! Thanks for the links, Claus.

Mike Calo
Glen Burnie MD (just south of Baltimore)

[...]

paul.doggett2472 <paul.doggett2472@...>

Great stuff some interesting shots thanks for sharing them
Paul Doggett England

--- In STMFC@..., "Claus Schlund (HGM)" <claus@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

[...]

Eric Lombard

Thanks for sharing these with us! Ahhhh, yards full of wood-sheathed cars...

Eric Lombard

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM, MICHAELCALO3403 <
michaelcalo3403@...> wrote:

**

[...]

ed_mines

Is there some reason why I can't click on these? I used to be able to.
Is it my computer or does everyone have this problem?

Ed Mines

PS Gold star for this post!

[...]

Douglas Harding

Must be your computer Ed. I had no trouble, just clicked and the site
opened. Click on the image to get a larger view of the image. Another click
allowed me to download a jpg or tif of my choice.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

brianleppert@att.net

ED, I have the same problem. Until just recently, those links would show up in blue and clicking on them worked just fine. Not any more. Now they are black like everything else and clicking does nothing. I have the same problem on the MFCL Yahoo group.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@..., "EdwardM" <ed_mines@...> wrote:

Is there some reason why I can't click on these? I used to be able to.
Is it my computer or does everyone have this problem?

Ed Mines

George Courtney

Ditto, but also when I write down and type the www.lov.govfas.....etc in on Yahoo search I get the Library of Congress photos, but a message it can't find those photos. Hmmmm. I did go to the latest Internet Explorer recently. A move I now regret.

George Courtney

--- In STMFC@..., "brian" <brianleppert@...> wrote:

ED, I have the same problem. Until just recently, those links would show up in blue and clicking on them worked just fine. Not any more. Now they are black like everything else and clicking does nothing. I have the same problem on the MFCL Yahoo group.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@..., "EdwardM" <ed_mines@> wrote:

Is there some reason why I can't click on these? I used to be able to.
Is it my computer or does everyone have this problem?

Ed Mines

davesnyder59

Same problem here, but I found that if you left click on the link and sweep your mouse over the line keeping it depressed until it is bluelighted like before and then right click your mouse and pick open link and they will download. PITA, but it works for me. Just be sure and only highlight the link.

Dave Snyder
Louisville, Ky,

--- In STMFC@..., "brian" <brianleppert@...> wrote:

ED, I have the same problem. Until just recently, those links would show up in blue and clicking on them worked just fine. Not any more. Now they are black like everything else and clicking does nothing. I have the same problem on the MFCL Yahoo group.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@..., "EdwardM" <ed_mines@> wrote:

Is there some reason why I can't click on these? I used to be able to.
Is it my computer or does everyone have this problem?

Ed Mines

proto48er

Guys -

I think it is something that Yahoo has done. I have IE6 and am having the same trouble in each of my Yahoo groups, except for images in the "BullShippers" Yahoo group - the links there still work the old way! In other words, the link shows up in blue and you can click on it successfully! What is going on here??

A.T. Kott

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@...> wrote:

[...]

I did try Google for the search and typed in the entire string. Google, unlike IE. got me to one of the pictures, not the Library of Congress site. Will try more later.

George Courtney

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@> wrote:

[...]

At the moment the links via yahoo are working for me
Paul Doggett

--- In STMFC@..., "gsc3" <gsc3@> wrote:

Ditto, but also when I write down and type the www.lov.govfas.....etc in on Yahoo search I get the Library of Congress photos, but a message it can't find those photos. Hmmmm. I did go to the latest Internet Explorer recently. A move I now regret.

George Courtney

--- In STMFC@..., "brian" <brianleppert@> wrote:

ED, I have the same problem. Until just recently, those links would show up in blue and clicking on them worked just fine. Not any more. Now they are black like everything else and clicking does nothing. I have the same problem on the MFCL Yahoo group.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV

--- In STMFC@..., "EdwardM" <ed_mines@> wrote:

Is there some reason why I can't click on these? I used to be able to.
Is it my computer or does everyone have this problem?

Ed Mines

ronald parisi

Claus:

Thanks for posting...they are great