Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List members,

Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/owi2001013105/PP/resource/

- Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

Yes it appears to be a Type X. Only about 100 Type V's were built.

At 8/16/2013 02:58 PM Friday, you wrote:
Hi List members,

Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/owi2001013105/PP/resource/

- Claus Schlund

Steve and Barb Hile

Hi Tim,

Sorry, but there were more like 4 to 5 thousand V cars built, in all, most
of which were 6500 gallon size, but a fair number were 8, 10, even 12000
gallons.

Regards,

Steve Hile

_____

Yes it appears to be a Type X. Only about 100 Type V's were built.

At 8/16/2013 02:58 PM Friday, you wrote:
Hi List members,

Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/owi2001013105/PP/resource/

- Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

Steve

I was just going by what I found on the Union Tank Car company's
own web site. See the page numbered "1901" --

http://www.utlx.com/pdf/TankCarHistory.pdf

Tim

At 8/17/2013 08:24 AM Saturday, you wrote:
Hi Tim,

Sorry, but there were more like 4 to 5 thousand V cars built, in all, most
of which were 6500 gallon size, but a fair number were 8, 10, even 12000
gallons.

Regards,

Steve Hile

_____

Yes it appears to be a Type X. Only about 100 Type V's were built.

At 8/16/2013 02:58 PM Friday, you wrote:
Hi List members,

Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/owi2001013105/PP/resource/

- Claus Schlund

Jared Harper

Steve,

Please e-mail me off list at harperandbrown@....

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

--- In STMFC@..., "Steve and Barb Hile" <shile@...> wrote:

Hi Tim,

Sorry, but there were more like 4 to 5 thousand V cars built, in all, most
of which were 6500 gallon size, but a fair number were 8, 10, even 12000
gallons.

Regards,

Steve Hile

_____

Yes it appears to be a Type X. Only about 100 Type V's were built.

At 8/16/2013 02:58 PM Friday, you wrote:
Hi List members,

Can this be a ULX type V or X tank car?

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/owi2001013105/PP/resource/

- Claus Schlund

Steve and Barb Hile

I will have to remind them about that error in the presentation. I think
that there are a few others, I haven't looked at that in a while. I have
done quite a bit of research into their archives (which are unfortunately
rather sparse) and I am quite sure about numbers of X (more that 7000) and V
cars (more than 4000.) Someday, I will get it into a publishable format.

Regards,

Steve Hile

_____

From: STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>