Tangent three-dome takn car

asychis@...

Just got my Tangent Celanese cars yesterday.  Absolutely wonderful!  The details are amazing.  Question, since we will have a Celanese plant at Kings Mill, TX on the Amarillo Railroad Museum layout,  We're interested in other cars that would be appropriate.  I not that InterMountain is coming out with their Type 27 8,000 gallon tank car decorated for Celanese.  Is it accurate?  Thanks,

Jerry Michels

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

    I received my Tangent cars a couple of days ago.  I have to say these are very well done cars and I am pleased with them.  I have one small complaint.  At their cost I would have hoped that I could have gotten them with .088 wheels instead of having to replace the wheels.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 27, 2013, at 4:43 PM, asychis@... wrote:

Just got my Tangent Celanese cars yesterday.  Absolutely wonderful!  The details are amazing.  Question, since we will have a Celanese plant at Kings Mill, TX on the Amarillo Railroad Museum layout,  We're interested in other cars that would be appropriate.  I not that InterMountain is coming out with their Type 27 8,000 gallon tank car decorated for Celanese.  Is it accurate?  Thanks,

Jerry Michels

Jerry, Celanese never owned its own tank cars and, as far as I know, they leased exclusively from General American.  At least, all of the 10+ photos I have of Celanese cars show them to be of General American design and bearing GATX reporting marks.  So I'm sorry to tell you that the IM model is almost certainly bogus.  Also, BTW, most (though not all) Celanese cars were insulated and many of those cars had dome platforms and railings.

Richard Hendrickson

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 27, 2013, at 4:57 PM, Jon Miller <atsfus@...> wrote:

    I received my Tangent cars a couple of days ago.  I have to say these are very well done cars and I am pleased with them.  I have one small complaint.  At their cost I would have hoped that I could have gotten them with .088 wheels instead of having to replace the wheels.

Jon, the Tangent trucks are available with both code 110 and code 88 wheels.  Maybe they would be willing to trade.

Richard Hendrickson

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 10/27/2013 5:36 PM, Richard Hendrickson wrote:
Jon, the Tangent trucks are available with both code 110 and code 88 wheels.  Maybe they would be willing to trade.

Richard,
   I seem to remember  I've talked with them before about the wheels and they told me the .088's were different and I couldn't trade them.  Problem is I can't remember right now what car that was, B&O box I think.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Benjamin Hom

Jon Miller wrote:
"I seem to remember  I've talked with them before about the wheels and they told me the .088's were different and I couldn't trade them.  Problem is I can't remember right now what car that was, B&O box I think."

B&O box?  Tangent doesn't make one.

Ben Hom

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 10/27/2013 9:01 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:
B&O box?  Tangent doesn't make one.

Ben Hom

    Will call them then.  Who else make mail order only?  Maybe it was Fox Valley, problem with getting old.
--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Tangent Scale Models

Jon,

We appreciate your tank car purchase.  Tangent Scale Models indeed offers code 88 replacement wheelsets for our 33" wheel cars, such as our new GA tank car.  These can be ordered directly from our website, and are made for our trucks.

We do NOT produce a B&O boxcar, but instead make a more statistically-relevant B&O O-59 and O-59A Bethlehem gondola, which is great for modelers starting in 1937.  With more than 4,000 in service for B&O alone (let alone another 5000+ on Reading, LV, WM, CRP/CNJ) this is a highly relevant steam era model available in plastic that few seem to pay attention to.

Thank you!

David Lehlbach

On 10/28/2013 9:52 AM, tangentscalemodels@... wrote:
These can be ordered directly from our website, and are made for our trucks.

    I have drawers of .088 wheelsets (IM & Reboxx).  I was hoping the cars would come with them (for those that wanted) without me having wheelsets I don't use.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

SUVCWORR@...

Besides Celanese what other companies leased these cars with their P/L applied.

TIA

Rich Orr

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

    Well I have been posting and receiving group emails but when I decided to do a search I find I don't belong to anything, and get error messages saying that doesn't work.  Other than that everything works as normal.  So being unable to search what was happening in regards to Black Cat decals and the Tangent tank car?  I don't see any SHPX decals listed on his form just UTLX and GATX.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Tony Thompson

Jon Miller wrote:

    Well I have been posting and receiving group emails but when I decided to do a search I find I don't belong to anything, and get error messages saying that doesn't work.  Other than that everything works as normal.

       Apparently Yahoo now only lists your groups for which you read the list on the web. It's annoying to try and edit group memberships now.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Try Firefox plus the Moderator Plugin
<http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ModerationPlugin/> Neo is gone!