Intermountain alt std twin hoppers (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Guys;

I have just been drooling over this car. It has been executed VERY nicely. I love the interior detailing, and the delicacy of the grabs and end details. Kudos to all that have contributed data and photos for IM to work with!

I have been seeing all the discussion going on, on the B&O list, on the ex-C&O cars that went to the B&O, but I was wondering if any of you know if IM intends on doing other variants, for other roads, that aren't on the current list?

I am especially interested in the later versions of the C&O, Erie, Montour (i.e., "MTR"), Shawmut, and P&WV cars. Did any of you send IM photos for those?

Thanks (and about ready to empty my wallet),

Elden Gatwood

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Ed Hawkins

On Nov 14, 2013, at 2:33 PM, Gatwood, Elden SAW wrote:

I have just been drooling over this car. It has been executed VERY nicely. I love the interior detailing, and the delicacy of the grabs and end details. Kudos to all that have contributed data and photos for IM to work with!

I have been seeing all the discussion going on, on the B&O list, on the ex-C&O cars that went to the B&O, but I was wondering if any of you know if IM intends on doing other variants, for other roads, that aren't on the current list?

I am especially interested in the later versions of the C&O, Erie, Montour (i.e., "MTR"), Shawmut, and P&WV cars. Did any of you send IM photos for those?
Elden,
I echo your comments about the new InterMountain A.M.C. (nee AAR Alternate Standard) hopper car models. In my view the models are exquisite and true to the prototype drawings from which they were derived. Thus far IM has released 16 models having 5 end variants.

After receiving some models on Saturday and taking a look at them, I applaud InterMountain's work and everyone involved in producing the models. The IM product designer did a fantastic job with a very high degree of attention to detail, and the Chinese producer has done an outstanding job executing the design with the tooling, injection molding, assembly, painting, lettering, and packaging. The overall workmanship is exceptional.

In answer to your question about other variants, announcements of any other variants or other lettering schemes must come directly from InterMountain. I know IM has a large number of builder's photos and in-service photos to use for future considerations.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 11/18/2013 10:35 AM, Ed Hawkins wrote:
I have just been drooling over this car.

    OK, which cars are good and which have bogus lettering.  I haven't paid attention to these and of course when the reviews come in all the cars are gone.  I look at the pictures for build dates.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Brian Carlson

Don't feel bad I had approx. two dozen on order since the announcement first came out. I got zero.
Brian Carlson

On 11/18/2013 11:34 AM, Brian carlson wrote:
Don't feel bad I had approx. two dozen on order since the announcement first came out. I got zero.
Brian Carlson

    IM seems to have a bad grasp on what will sell and what will not.  I have been waiting for a set of FTs, in original paint, for some time.  It seems they bring out other schemes but guess that the original won't sell (which of course was the first out of stock).
    Do companies note that first out of stock means there is a demand or do they think that means everybody that wanted one got it so therefore not future sales.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

Richard Hendrickson

On Nov 18, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Jon Miller <atsfus@...> wrote:

OK, which cars are good and which have bogus lettering.  I haven't paid attention to these and of course when the reviews come in all the cars are gone.  I look at the pictures for build dates.
Jon, the Santa Fe Ga-54s are perfect for your 1941 date, as they were built by General American in 1941 and IM’s P/L scheme is the one applied to the cars when built new; thew were the only Santa Fe hopper cars that ever had the herald applied AFAIK.

Richard Hendrickson

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

    Just for information I was able to get a IM Clinchfield hopper from my supplier.  IM had it in stock so apparently they still have some hoppers but how many and what road name/s I have no idea.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941