Speedwitch models

Nathan Obermeyer

I emailed Speedwitch models, but got no reply. What HO scale models do/did they produce? Did they produce any MoPac models? Thanks,

Nate

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Tony Thompson

Nathan Obermeyer wrote:

I emailed Speedwitch models, but got no reply. 

Nor will you. They have never done email and still don't, nor are they on the web. Jim Hayes has an excellent website listing all their models. To view it, go to:

Tony Thompson             Editor, Signature Press, Berkeley, CA
2906 Forest Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705         www.signaturepress.com
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

kruegerp@...

I don't know if this is a comprehensive list, but here is a list from their site (pulled from the Internet Archive).

http://web.archive.org/web/20100328091343/http://www.speedwitch.com/Models.htm

Paul

Paul Krueger

Seattle, WA

---In STMFC@..., <obermeyern@...> wrote:

I emailed Speedwitch models, but got no reply. What HO scale models do/did they produce? Did they produce any MoPac models? Thanks,

Nate

Clive Riley

Nathan –

You might want to try www.speedwitchmedia.com given that Ted has only recently (as of early Sept) gotten himself an updated website.

Hopefully he will shortly commence the release of his excellent kits again!!

Rgds/Clive

(In Australia)

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, 26 November 2013 4:14 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Speedwitch models

Nathan Obermeyer wrote:

Nor will you. They have never done email and still don't, nor are they on the web. Jim Hayes has an excellent website listing all their models. To view it, go to:

Gene Semon <mopac1@...>

Nate,

If memory serves me correctly, they did not produce any MP models.  The company closed several years ago and is in the process of being restarted, but so far no MP cars are in their initial start up.

Gene Semon

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Nathan Obermeyer
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:45 PM
To: stmfc@...
Subject: [STMFC] Speedwitch models

Nate

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4158 / Virus Database: 3629/6867 - Release Date: 11/25/13

Nathan Obermeyer

I visited the new Speedwitch website and have sent a couple of emails since the site has started up and have received no reply.  I used the way backback machine link and looked at the previous products.  I wasn't able to find the list of kits on the sunshine website.  There was a link to Speedwitch, but it didn't work.  I want to contribute to the relaunch of the website if the produce models that I can use on my layout. 

Nate 

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Tony Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, 26 November 2013 4:14 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Speedwitch models

Nathan Obermeyer wrote:

Brian Carlson

Nate depending what line you model and the era you can probably many. During much big the steam era boxcars were generally free runners. Search the archives for Nelson - Gilbert discussions. 

Brian Carlson 

On Nov 26, 2013, at 9:50 AM, <obermeyern@...> wrote:

.  I want to contribute to the relaunch of the website if the produce models that I can use on my layout. 

Nate 

---In STMFC@..., wrote:

Nathan –

Carl

Over the past several years, Ted Culotta, owner of Spedwitch has occasionally offered items (kits, decals, books) on eBay. The descriptions that accompanied these items usually indicated that they were "leftovers" from previous production. In addition, his site was not updated for quite some time. 

If you go to http://www.speedwitchmedia.com you can learn of his plans to relaunch, this time through what appears to be a "subscription" basis.  Best Wishes--Carl

PS--I have no connection to or financial or other interest in Speedwitch.  I do have several of Ted's kits and decals, have read much of the material from his excellent books, found him responsive and reliable in our previous dealings, and found him extremely personable when meeting him several years ago at a Cocoa Beach RPM meet. -cgc-

---In STMFC@..., <obermeyern@...> wrote:

Nate