Latest Sunshine order

Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@...>

I thought it might of interest to all of you.
I placed an order for 10 kits back at the end of October. I just received 2 of the ordered cars. The rest are no longer available.
As well a later order of 6 cars was returned as completely unavailable.
It certainly seems to be winding down. Too bad.

--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

William Keene <wakeene@...>

Hello Pierre and Group,

What were the unavailable kits? I have been looking over the on-line kit list and while it has updates as to what is no longer available I am not sure it is up to date. 

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Dec 18, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Pierre Oliver <pierre.oliver@...> wrote:

I thought it might of interest to all of you.
I placed an order for 10 kits back at the end of October. I just 
received 2 of the ordered cars. The rest are no longer available.
As well a later order of 6 cars was returned as completely unavailable.
It certainly seems to be winding down. Too bad.

-- 
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

ku0a@...

Pierre,

Please send your list to Jim so he can update the discontinued list on the web site. I'm reluctant to send large checks for kits that aren't available.

Nelson Moyer

Pierre, I can imagine that all the other versions in between, not listed by you, are also "UNAVAILABLE"

Rich Christie

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:33 PM, "ku0a@..." wrote:

Pierre,

Please send your list to Jim so he can update the discontinued list on the web site. I'm reluctant to send large checks for kits that aren't available.

Nelson Moyer

radiodial868

Just got my empty order too, These are no longer available:

(all WP & SN)

caboose9792@aol.com <caboose9792@...>

So at this late stage in the game why can't we just get a list of what is left in stock from sunshine?

Mark rickert

Sent with Verizon Mobile Email

---Original Message---
Sent: 12/18/2013 9:24 pm
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] RE: Latest Sunshine order

Just got my empty order too, These are no longer available: 64.16 64.18 59.1 59.2 59.8 (all WP & SN)

charles slater

Sunshine Models did not maintain a supply of kits on hand unless they were very recent issues. When someone put in an order the kits were made up and shipped, that is why it was always better to get the kits at a show that Martin was attending.
 The kits that are now being shipped out are kits Tricia is able to make up using the cast parts on hand. There has been no parts casting done since Martin passed away last January and she will continue selling the kits that she has parts for.
 I can tell you that there were castings made up for the second round of closeouts in the 20.0 to 30.0 cars that should be offered at sometime in the future. These include a lot of CB&Q single sheathed box cars and 36 foot meat reefers.  
 Tricia has not decided what she is going to do with the business yet.  
Charlie Slater
Pattern Maker

Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:30:29 -0800
Subject: RE: [STMFC] RE: Latest Sunshine order

So at this late stage in the game why can't we just get a list of what is left in stock from sunshine?

Mark rickert

---Original Message---

Just got my empty order too, These are no longer available: 64.16 64.18 59.1 59.2 59.8 (all WP & SN)

ku0a@...

The only CB&Q single sheathed boxcars available to my knowledge are the XA-14 end door and bomber box. At least my order for those two was filled, but I don't really know if there are more castings. All of the CB&Q gondolas are gone.

Nelson Moyer

----- Original Message -----
To: STMFC List
Sent: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:31:55 -0600 (CST)

Sunshine Models did not maintain a supply of kits on hand unless they were very recent issues. When someone put in an order the kits were made up and shipped, that is why it was always better to get the kits at a show that Martin was attending.
 The kits that are now being shipped out are kits Tricia is able to make up using the cast parts on hand. There has been no parts casting done since Martin passed away last January and she will continue selling the kits that she has parts for.
 I can tell you that there were castings made up for the second round of closeouts in the 20.0 to 30.0 cars that should be offered at sometime in the future. These include a lot of CB&Q single sheathed box cars and 36 foot meat reefers.  
 Tricia has not decided what she is going to do with the business yet.  
Charlie Slater
Pattern Maker

Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:30:29 -0800

Mark rickert

---Original Message---

Just got my empty order too, These are no longer available:

(all WP & SN)