Klasing Hand Brake

bierglaeser@...

Looks like another Klasing hand brake in HO scale is imminent.  From what I have seen so far it will be nice.  This one will be a companion to the Klasing hand brake done by Red Caboose.

Over the 20th century there were about 375 different geared hand brakes.  With the addition of this one we only have 360 or less yet to be offered in any scale.

Gene Green
Over committed and under motivated.

Rich C

Gene, Who is making this much needed hand brake?

Rich Christie

On Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:32 PM, "bierglaeser@..." wrote:

Looks like another Klasing hand brake in HO scale is imminent.  From what I have seen so far it will be nice.  This one will be a companion to the Klasing hand brake done by Red Caboose.

Over the 20th century there were about 375 different geared hand brakes.  With the addition of this one we only have 360 or less yet to be offered in any scale.

Gene Green
Over committed and under motivated.

Tim O'Connor

Red Caboose made a Klasing hand brake? I know they did a Superior hand brake
as a detail part... But Klasing?

Tim O'

Looks like another Klasing hand brake in HO scale is imminent. From what I have seen so far it will be nice. This one will be a companion to the Klasing hand brake done by Red Caboose.

Over the 20th century there were about 375 different geared hand brakes. With the addition of this one we only have 360 or less yet to be offered in any scale.

Gene Green
Over committed and under motivated.

bierglaeser@...

Sure!  Look at the B end of the Red Caboose Mather refrigerator car.  The Red Caboose version has a horizontal wheel which protrudes above the roof in  the manner of the Plate A hand brakes.  The one a-comin' is essentially the same hand brake with a vertical wheel.  In the case of the former power is transmitted from the hand wheel by means of bevel gears while in  the latter the power  is transmitted by pinion and gear.

I have been asked not to reveal the manufacturer of the new hand brake.  My understanding is that marketing and distribution issues are not completely resolved.

Gene Green

wearing a broad grin

rhammill

I don't want to leave Gene hanging...

I'm happy to announce True Line Trains will be releasing this in conjunction with our Minibox, hopefully in time for the Springfield show so you can pick some up there. We're still working out the details for pricing and final availability.

Note that these were not used on the Minibox, they are just parts that we're making available because Gene asked us. And thanks, Gene for all of the help with this too.

We're looking at other parts that are needed, so if you have any ideas let me know. The more information you can provide, the better.

You can see the engineering drawing for the Klasing handbrake on our website (http://truelinetrains.com) or Facebook (http://facebook.com/TrueLineTrains).

Randy
--
Randy Hammill