IM ACF Sherwin Williams Covered Hoppers

The January 1972 Los Angeles Junction Ry. Industry List says SW got "Pigment-Chemical)". List doesn't ID car types but on Charlie Slater's LAJ Switching Maps only says "Sherwin Williams Paint - always had 3 or 4 50' boxcars on spot  all types of painting supplies."

My guess would be dried pigments. I know they hauled linseed oil in their tank cars.

Rich Christie

On Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:45 PM, Brian Carlson wrote:

I’m trying to get some modeling down while off on the holidays. I have an IM Sherwin Williams 1958 CF Covered Hopper.  I’ve made the required updates  but I am at a lose to how I should weather the car. What did these carry? RPC 27 isn’t much help since most photos are builders photos.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga, NY

Brian Carlson