L&N double sheathed box car in RMC planbook

ed_mines

Anyone know if this car had a typical outside metal roof? Was the fishbelly underframe

similar to  the Tichy flat car, b ut shorter?

Ed Mines

Charles Peck

Does this RMC planbook identify the L&N car?  A road number for instance?
Chuck Peck

ed_mines

8893, blt 1921, il 36'3", cap 80000

ED Mines

Charles Peck

Sorry, can't help. Found two cars of that number but one was 28 years too old and too small.
the other was all steel.  L&N loved to rebuild and renumber.
Chuck Peck

Steven D Johnson

There’s an excellent prototype and modeling article by Bob Chapman on those cars in the June 2012 issue of the L&N Historical Society’s publication, The L&N Magazine.  The Sunshine Models kit is the basis for the model.  The L&N company photo of #8893 is included in the article.

Steve Johnson

Anyone know if this car had a typical outside metal roof? Was the fishbelly underframe

similar to  the Tichy flat car, b ut shorter?

Ed Mines

ed_mines

Thanks Steeve.

Ed Mines

ed_mines

Steve, is this you?

If I send you $5 would you send me a photocopy of that L&N box car article? It's a waste for me to buy a magazine and then gtoss it.

Ed Mines

ed_mines@...