Rapido Reefers

Andy Harman

Neither Jason nor Bill made it down to Cocoa Beach but... three reefers appeared on the table today, I understand to become door prizes.

ONE OF THEM IS A KIT!!!!!

This is, to my knowledge, the first KIT of any kind from Rapido. Let's hope there will be more in the future. <cough>passenger cars<cough>. While I really don't need any wood meat reefers, I hope I win the kit as a door prize just to own a first edition.

There really is a Santa Claus, he's out lounging on the beach...

Andy

Douglas Harding

Andy thanks for the update on the reefers. After debuting them in my clinic three years ago at Cocoa Beach, at Bill’s request, I was beginning to wonder if they were indeed fictitious. But if they are really there, perhaps I can once again show my face at Cocoa Beach. Curious that Bill didn’t attend. Can’t he face the music on this one?

I knew Bill was advocating for some kits. They may indeed be a rarity. Snatch it, if you can.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Bill Schneider

Well, before the conspiracy theories start. .We had nothing to do with JFK,
Elvis does not work for Rapido, and we did indeed receive the reefers.
Really.

http://www.rapidotrains.com/rapidonewscurrent.html#anchor5

Of course, it took an extra couple of days to get them out of the warehouse
because the cold delayed the shipping company. Right. It was too cold in
Canada. Who'd believe that one? No, really, it was! They are now on the way
to the distributors, they should hit stores shortly. We did swipe a few off
the top to send down for door prizes. Given the... ummmm... history of this
car at Cocoa it was the least that we could do!

Unfortunately, family obligations meant that I couldn't make Cocoa this
year, but I am there in spirit anyway (and singing along Doug).

Enjoy Roberto's everyone.

Bill Schneider

Rapido Trains

PS - I was a little concerned to hear Andy say that he didn't need any meat
reefer kits since we made the entire run just for him and at his
insistence... ;>)

Andy thanks for the update on the reefers. After debuting them in my clinic
three years ago at Cocoa Beach, at Bill's request, I was beginning to wonder
if they were indeed fictitious. But if they are really there, perhaps I can
once again show my face at Cocoa Beach. Curious that Bill didn't attend.
Can't he face the music on this one?

I knew Bill was advocating for some kits. They may indeed be a rarity.
Snatch it, if you can.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Douglas Harding

Bill, glad to know you can sing. I, for one, look forward to seeing/getting this crucial freight car. I can always use a few more meat reefers.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Andy Harman

I didn't win the kit... or any of the other reefers. What I did win isn't appropriate for this group....

Andy