Cocoa 2014

Jared Harper

From all the posts regarding "hijacking" presentations at Cocoa 2014 I get the idea that there must have been a lot of that or a particularly irritating individual.  I wasn't at Cocoa this year, but have been to and have presented at a number of them.  I have never had anyone behave badly in any of my presentations.  I do not mind questions at any point if a member of the audience does not understand some point or if they have something pertinent to say.

Hope to be at Cocoa next year.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Tony Thompson

Jared Harper wrote:

From all the posts regarding "hijacking" presentations at Cocoa 2014 I get the idea that there must have been a lot of that or a particularly irritating individual.  I wasn't at Cocoa this year, but have been to and have presented at a number of them.  I have never had anyone behave badly in any of my presentations.  I do not mind questions at any point if a member of the audience does not understand some point or if they have something pertinent to say.

       I'm not sure where all the "hijacking" talk comes from. I did not see it in any session I was in, nor did I hear about it while I was there. It's certainly offensive when it happens, but with experience as a speaker, it can be dealt with. BTW, Jared, we missed you this year.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history