Rapido Reefer


Mark
 

Greetings, just arrived from Columbus Ohio, saw the grandsons. Most of all The TrainStation has some of the reefers yet! Purchased two. They do ship so you might want to call first and they are on Facebook too!

Phone 614-262-9056

Mark Morgan


 

Mark,

I got a chuckle from your note as I read it just after exiting the Train Station with my new Hormel Meat Reefer. 

I'm local, but it was their Facebook page that got me to visit for that specific purpose (that and to see if they had the Accurail Big Four 41' Gon three pack - they did). 

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

On Feb 1, 2014, at 6:36 PM, <bnonut@...> wrote:

Greetings, just arrived from Columbus Ohio, saw the grandsons. Most of all The TrainStation has some of the reefers yet! Purchased two. They do ship so you might want to call first and they are on Facebook too!

Phone 614-262-9056

Mark Morgan


 

Group, 

Apologies for the last email as it was intended for Mark Morgan - unnecessary noise for this list.

However, since the trip to the Train Station referenced in that email, I've taken and posted photos of the car and am presenting the gallery link here for inspection:

http://goodman312.zenfolio.com/p755987833 
 
I can't add anything to the comments already made about detail and constuction.  My example seems to fall midway between those with models with detached parts and those that had perfect examples.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio


On Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:25 PM, Matt Goodman wrote:


Mark,

I got a chuckle from your note as I read it just after exiting the Train Station with my new Hormel Meat Reefer. 

I'm local, but it was their Facebook page that got me to visit for that specific purpose (that and to see if they had the Accurail Big Four 41' Gon three pack - they did). 

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

On Feb 1, 2014, at 6:36 PM, <bnonut@...> wrote:

Greetings, just arrived from Columbus Ohio, saw the grandsons. Most of all The TrainStation has some of the reefers yet! Purchased two. They do ship so you might want to call first and they are on Facebook too!

Phone 614-262-9056

Mark Morgan





Greg Martin
 

Matt,
 
Thanks for posting the excellent photos. Near the end I noticed the photos of the underframe and then saw the truck bolster. Is it the photos or me, the appear somewhat unique to the car. I am wondering if they are interchangeable with other trucks? or the trucks on that car are interchangeable with anything other than this car?
 
Greg Martin
 
Eventually all things merge into one and a river runs through it.
Norman Maclean
 

In a message dated 2/2/2014 9:25:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, goodman312@... writes:
Group, 

Apologies for the last email as it was intended for Mark Morgan - unnecessary noise for this list.

However, since the trip to the Train Station referenced in that email, I've taken and posted photos of the car and am presenting the gallery link here for inspection:

http://goodman312.zenfolio.com/p755987833 
 
I can't add anything to the comments already made about detail and constuction.  My example seems to fall midway between those with models with detached parts and those that had perfect examples.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio


Richard Hendrickson
 

On Feb 2, 2014, at 9:48 PM, TGREGMRTN@... wrote:

Thanks for posting the excellent photos. Near the end I noticed the photos of the underframe and then saw the truck bolster. Is it the photos or me, the appear somewhat unique to the car. I am wondering if they are interchangeable with other trucks? or the trucks on that car are interchangeable with anything other than this car?
 
Greg, I’ve already replaced the trucks on one of my models with Tahoe trucks (matching the URTX prototype I want to model) and there’s no problem at all.  coupler height remains standard.

Richard Hendrickson