Any thoughts on the boxcars visible in this image?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Any thoughts on the boxcars visible in this image?

Numbering from left to right, it seems to me that cars 1 and 2 may be identical except for the doors, and are both SP.

The third car looks to have a pressed steel underframe, and might also be lettered SP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12238242906/sizes/o/in/photostream/

- Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

Claus

They are all SP box cars -- in fact I think they are all
Huntington Common Standard box cars. The smaller cars were
34' (I think) and the larger cars were 39'. But without legible
numbers that's my best guess. The Huntington cars are covered in
great detail with lots of photos in the SP Freight Cars Volume 4.

Tim O'Connor

Numbering from left to right, it seems to me that cars 1 and 2 may be
identical except for the doors, and are both SP.
The third car looks to have a pressed steel underframe, and might also be lettered SP
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12238242906/sizes/o/in/photostream/
- Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

I forgot to add, the location looks like Martinez, California to me.

Tim O'Connor

Any thoughts on the boxcars visible in this image?

Numbering from left to right, it seems to me that cars 1 and 2 may be identical except for the doors, and are both SP.

The third car looks to have a pressed steel underframe, and might also be lettered SP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12238242906/sizes/o/in/photostream/

- Claus Schlund

paul.doggett2472@...

Hi Claus

              The photo is back to front! the car you are asking about is out of the B50-1/2/4/5 series of cars they are very similar to each other,  and are available from Westerfield

Hope this helps Paul Doggett

England

Tim O'Connor

... the car you are asking about is out of the B50-1/2/4/5 series of
> cars they are very similar to each other, and are available from Westerfield
> Hope this helps Paul Doggett

That's incorrect Paul. The car is too small to be one of those cars. It's
most likely a CS-33, a Huntington Common Standard box car with Pressed Steel
underframe.

Tim O'Connor

paul.doggett2472@...

Hi Tim

          Thanks for that I must look at SP freight cars Vol 4 again

Regards Paul Doggett

England