Need TAG boxcar info

Jim King

TAG ran a small group of ex-PRR 50 foot, double door, round roof boxcars painted in their classic bright blue with black roof and yellow lettering.  Were any of these equipped with end doors (PRR had 300 of those) on the “A” end or were they all solid ends?

Jim King

Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.

Cell (828) 777-5619

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com

South-Atlantic Region representative for BJB Products

RTV Silicone moldmaking and urethane casting materials.

www.smokymountainmodelworks.com/Urethane_Casting_Materials.html

O Fenton Wells

Jim, These were covered in Model railroading or Railroad Modeler back in the early 90's I think.  I think I have some info on them but I will have to find it.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane

Bruce Smith

Jim,

As I understand it, the TAG cars were in fact former DT&I cars which were nearly identical to the PRR X32, but were not PRR cars.  This is confirmed by RP CYC 23, which has a photo of TAG 7004.  As best I can tell, none of the DT&I (and therefore the TAG) cars had end doors like the PRR X33.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

[...]

Norm Buckhart

well I don’t know - can’t get into my backup for the web catalog  I think somewhere around $15 - so let’s figure on that

On Feb 13, 2014, at 2:50 PM, Bruce F. Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

[...]

Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...>

USRE lot 430 1964 at Blue Island, TAG 7000-7029, built 10,12-37. There is a rebuilder's photo of available in "Evans Products Builders Photos" if you can't come up with one elsewhere. Side view, black & white. Roof is darker than side and eaves.

Eric N.

[...]

Donald Ford <ford.donald77@...>

Jim
These 30 cars came from the DT&I the two (2) photos I have one shows the A end clearly does not have a end door #7020 the other photo is side view and does not have the heavy corner of a end door
Don Ford C
ameron MO

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:57 PM, Eric Neubauer wrote:

[...]

Eric Lombard

Hello All,
I have uploaded a spreadsheet that compiles the service history for all the 50 ft wagon top box cars. The data comes from generally available publications and the ORER and was last updated 8-2012. I can supply the bibliography off line on request.

50 ft Wagon top box cars.xlsx

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL