Detail was: Sunshine resale values..

Clark Propst

There is ‘usually’ a difference in the amount of detailing effort [time] spent on a model if one is also working on a layout to run the thing on, or if one is into just the enjoyment of building models. Having a layout adds in ‘standards’ that need to be carried through to track work, structures and scenery to name a few. We have to be careful not to tip the scales too far towards the segment we enjoy the most. Or we’ll end up like a “Thomas the train” TV show I remember watching a with grandkids. There were all these colorful locos with dark gray blobs trailing behind. In our case you’d have dark gray blobs pulling marvelous freight cars on plywood  ;  ))
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa