Joyful modeling?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Jared wrote:

"Joyful modeling?  Is there such a thing?  I never built a model in my life where I felt joyful.  For me any joyfulness comes when I am finished and I say to myself, "A ha, done at last."  For me the building is just the means to a finished product.

Absolutely there is! I thoroughly enjoy the research. I thoroughly enjoy the build process (altho I will say decaling is my least favorite part of the job). Most of all, I thoroughly enjoy running the finished car! I just have trouble limiting myself to an appropriate number of simultaneous in-process models crowding up my workbench, and that's the part I struggle with sometimes.

-  Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2014 5:41 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine resale values..Now tools

I enjoy the build, and really am not that excited about finishing projects, which is why I have 40 plus going at any one time.  When I get close to finishing anything, I start an new project or two.  Just a personality flaw.

Kent Hurley in KC
nvrr49.blogspot.com

"Joyful modeling?  Is there such a thing?  I never built a model in my life where I felt joyful.  For me any joyfulness comes when I am finished and I say to myself, "A ha, done at last."  For me the building is just the means to a finished product.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA"

frograbbit602

I too enjoy the research, the build , usually a week, and most of all running the finished car.   I hope I do not get into trouble by saying I run it on my railroad on the Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If you can break away from your modeling to look, you can at www.minn-rail.org , Click on Layouts and then the Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.
Lester Breuer
Minneapolis, MN