Orderly & Efficient storage of paint

Bill Welch

Since the first of the year I have been trying to bring more order and efficiency to my painting setup and the one remaining frustration is how to store paint so that there is not just a bunch of bottles on a shelf or in a box. I would prefer some kind of stand that would permit me to see the labels and that made efficient use of space. I would also like something I can just purchase. I am curious if people on this list have found a solution? Thank you!
Bill Welch

Mark Stamm

Bill,

Micromark has a multi tier lazysuzan like paint storage unit.  I have not purchased one but I keep think it would be the right idea since it holds multiple size bottles vertically.

I'm curious if anyone else has one and what they think

Mark

Mark P Stamm

Sent from my mobile device

On Mar 23, 2014, at 5:41 PM, <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Since the first of the year I have been trying to bring more order and efficiency to my painting setup and the one remaining frustration is how to store paint so that there is not just a bunch of bottles on a shelf or in a box. I would prefer some kind of stand that would permit me to see the labels and that made efficient use of space. I would also like something I can just purchase. I am curious if people on this list have found a solution? Thank you!

Bill Welch

Patrick Wade

I have the 4-tier paint rack from Micromark and it works very well. There are indentations in the tiers to hold round bottles. It is very stable and works well.

Pat Wade
Santa Barbara

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Mark Stamm <mark@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles Peck

I bet someone at my local flea market has a spice rack with narrow
shelves. Cheap.
Chuck Peck

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 5:41 PM, <fgexbill@...> wrote:

Since the first of the year I have been trying to bring more order and efficiency to my painting setup and the one remaining frustration is how to store paint so that there is not just a bunch of bottles on a shelf or in a box. I would prefer some kind of stand that would permit me to see the labels and that made efficient use of space. I would also like something I can just purchase. I am curious if people on this list have found a solution? Thank you!

Bill Welch

Walter Cox

I have one that I use for small screws and bolts. I separate them by size and store them in empty plastic blood pressure medicine containers. It works for me. Walt

[...]

Tim O'Connor

Bill

I simply made 'paint bleachers' to sit on a 18" deep x 36" wide shelf.
I made these with aspen wood (aka craft wood) which is cheap, easy to work
and lightweight. A set of 'bleachers' has 8 rows x 36" wide and holds 200
one ounce bottles.

Tim O'Connor

Since the first of the year I have been trying to bring more order and efficiency to my painting setup and the one remaining frustration is how to store paint so that there is not just a bunch of bottles on a shelf or in a box. I would prefer some kind of stand that would permit me to see the labels and that made efficient use of space. I would also like something I can just purchase. I am curious if people on this list have found a solution? Thank you!
Bill Welch

Douglas Harding

Bill I made a holder, using 1/8 Masonite and 1x lumber. Looks like a miniature bookcase, sized just right to hold paint bottles. Actually two book cases that are hinged so they fold together to make a “spill proof” carrying case. It is currently mounted to the wall next to my paint booth. Other times it has sat on top of the paint booth. Construction was simple, took a piece of 1x4, cross cut a saw kerf every 2” (actually measure your favorite paint bottle size), rip the 1x4 in half, thus creating two up rights. Cut equal length strips of Masonite the width of the uprights, glue the Masonite into the saw kerfs, creating shelves. The back is a piece of Masonite fastened in place to the 1x uprights.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Bill Welch

Thank you to everyone that responded. I went to the Micromark site--I should have thought of that!--and like the 4-tier rack Pat suggested.
Bill Welch

Rod Miller

On 3/23/14, 2:41 PM, fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
Since the first of the year I have been trying to bring more order and
efficiency to my painting setup and the one remaining frustration is how to
store paint so that there is not just a bunch of bottles on a shelf or in a
box. I would prefer some kind of stand that would permit me to see the labels
and that made efficient use of space. I would also like something I can just
purchase. I am curious if people on this list have found a solution? Thank
you! Bill Welch
In the past the paint manufacturers offered racks for
hobby shop display of their paint products. You might
be able to find such racks from hobby distributors who
carry paints or directly from the manufacturers.

Rod
--

Custom 2-rail O Scale Models: Drives, | O Scale West / S West
Repairs, Steam Loco Building, More | 2015 Meet is Feb 5 - 7