Sunshine CB&Q XM-25/XM-26

gary laakso

My cat, Spanky, located 2 Sunshine XM-25/26 unbuilt kits in a closet. Reading the BRHS Freight Car Data Sheet for this series of cars, it appears that the prior class, XM-22, was 6 inches shorter, so it matches the height of the too short Sunshine models.
Has anyone made this conversion and what type of car ends did the XM-22 have?

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock

Charlie Duckworth

Can I borrow Spanky? I'd like to find another Sunshine Models Eagle Merchandise car for the layout!

Charlie Duckworth

Nelson Moyer <ku0a@...>

Did Ted correct the car length problem when Speedwitch issued the XM-25/XM-26 kits? I have one packed away somewhere, so it’s not available for measuring.

Nelson Moyer

Can I borrow Spanky? I'd like to find another Sunshine Models Eagle Merchandise car for the layout!

Charlie Duckworth

No virus found in this message.

Rob Adams

Nelson;

Yes.  The Speedwitch version of the CB&Q XM-25/26 is dimensionally accurate.  If I recall correctly, the major dimensional discrepancy of the Sunshine kit was in the body height, not length, but before we pile on, let's keep in mind that it was a relatively early Sunshine offering and a pretty nice kit in its day.  As we know, later efforts improved significantly, as have those from other pattern builders/resin kit makers.  The Speedwitch kit for the Q XM-25/26 cars is a very nice kit and one that you'll enjoy building.

Regards,

Rob Adams