Swift meat reefer

rob.mclear3@...

Hi to all can anyone please advise what colour the sides of an early Swift meat reefer should be painted is it yellow or orange.   I only have access to floquil paints so if you can let me know which is closest I would appreciate it thanks.

Rob McLear

Australia.

Richard Hendrickson

On Jun 14, 2014, at 7:55 PM, rob.mclear3@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi to all can anyone please advise what colour the sides of an early Swift meat reefer should be painted is it yellow or orange.   I only have access to floquil paints so if you can let me know which is closest I would appreciate it thanks.
Rob, before they adopted red, Swift reefers had the sides painted a yellow-orange color very similar to that used on PFE and SFRD cars.  A slightly lighter color than Daylight Orange would be just about right.  I no longer have a Floquil color chart, but you may have to mix yellow and orange to get the color you want.

Richard Hendrickson