ATSF "B" End of FE-22 Autocars

Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@...>

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of a Santa Fe FE-22 double
door box car. Photos of the "A" end with the end door are in the
books, but no "B" end. There are photos of the "B " of the FE-23 and
FE-24 in the Santa Fe publication " Furniture and Automobile Box Cars"
which Richard Hendrickson had authored. Apparently at the time of
publication, Richard did not have a photo of the "B" end available
either.

I have searched through all the Warbonnets and its' predecessor, the
Santa Fe Modeler with no luck there either. Can anyone tell me if the
"B" end of the FE-22 (ribs, brake gear, ladders and grab irons) are
the same as that of the FE-23 and Fe-24?

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7476

(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@...

Tim O'Connor

Tom I have a photo but it's from an oblique angle. I don't know how
much you can discern from it.

Tim O'

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of a Santa Fe FE-22 double
door box car. Photos of the "A" end with the end door are in the
books, but no "B" end. There are photos of the "B " of the FE-23 and
FE-24 in the Santa Fe publication " Furniture and Automobile Box Cars"
which Richard Hendrickson had authored. Apparently at the time of
publication, Richard did not have a photo of the "B" end available
either.

I have searched through all the Warbonnets and its' predecessor, the
Santa Fe Modeler with no luck there either. Can anyone tell me if the
"B" end of the FE-22 (ribs, brake gear, ladders and grab irons) are
the same as that of the FE-23 and Fe-24?

Tom Olsen
7 Boundary Road
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7476

(302) 738-4292
tmolsen@...

Tom, Owning 2 Sunshine mini-kits, the Fe-22 and Fe-23 have the same ends. The Fe-24 has the 1937 ends, the 22/23 have the squashed Dreadnaughts.

Rich Christie

On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:53 PM, "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Tom I have a photo but it's from an oblique angle. I don't know how
much you can discern from it.

Tim O'

>I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of a Santa Fe FE-22 double
>door box car. Photos of the "A" end with the end door are in the
>books, but no "B" end. There are photos of the "B " of the FE-23 and
>FE-24 in the Santa Fe publication " Furniture and Automobile Box Cars"
>which Richard Hendrickson had authored. Apparently at the time of
>publication, Richard did not have a photo of the "B" end available
>either.
>
>I have searched through all the Warbonnets and its' predecessor, the
>Santa Fe Modeler with no luck there either. Can anyone tell me if the
>"B" end of the FE-22 (ribs, brake gear, ladders and grab irons) are
>the same as that of the FE-23 and Fe-24?
>
>Tom Olsen
>7 Boundary Road
>Newark, Delaware, 19711-7476
>
>(302) 738-4292
>tmolsen@...

Thomas Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Tim and Rich,

Many thanks for the help in regard to the "B" end of the ATSF FE-22.
John Johnson is in the process of building the F22 and since he does
not have internet access, I was asking for him.
Thanks to your information, I will copy the photo and forward it to
him so that he can complete the car.

Best regards,

Tom Olsen

[STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

[...]

Charles Hladik

Tom,
    And lean on JJ !!! For years we've been trying to get him to get on line. At least point him to the Franklin library.
Chuck Hladik

On 7/2/14, Rich C rhcdmc@... [STMFC] wrote:
> Tom, Owning 2 Sunshine mini-kits, the Fe-22 and Fe-23 have the same ends.
> The Fe-24 has the 1937 ends, the 22/23 have the squashed Dreadnaughts.
>
> Rich Christie
>

> On Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:53 PM, "Tim O'Connor timboconnor@...
> [STMFC]" wrote:
>

> Tom I have a photo but it's from an oblique angle. I don't know how
> much you can discern from it.
>
> Tim O'
>
>>I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of a Santa Fe FE-22 double
>>door box car. Photos of the "A" end with the end door are in the
>>books, but no "B" end. There are photos of the "B " of the FE-23 and
>>FE-24 in the Santa Fe publication " Furniture and Automobile Box Cars"
>>which Richard Hendrickson had authored. Apparently at the time of
>>publication, Richard did not have a photo of the "B" end available
>>either.
>>
>>I have searched through all the Warbonnets and its' predecessor, the
>>Santa Fe Modeler with no luck there either. Can anyone tell me if the
>>"B" end of the FE-22 (ribs, brake gear, ladders and grab irons) are
>>the same as that of the FE-23 and Fe-24?
>>
>>Tom Olsen
>>7 Boundary Road
>>Newark, Delaware, 19711-7476
>>
>>(302) 738-4292
>>tmolsen@...

Marty McGuirk

I don't know….
maybe that's the reason John seems to get so many models built.

Marty McGuirk

Allan Smith

TIM
The Fe-21's and 22's were rebuilt in 1940. Sunshine has a minikit #22 that shows the B end of a Fe-21 50' single door boxcar. That end should be the same as a Fe-22. If you go to the Sunshine website and download the PDF file you should have a picture of the end.
Al Smith

On Friday, July 4, 2014 4:58 AM, "mjmcguirk@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

I don't know….
maybe that's the reason John seems to get so many models built.

Marty McGuirk

Allan Smith

Fe-22 Boxcars

Sunshine made a minikit for a Fe-21 50' single door boxcar. At  the website you can download a PDF file for minikit #22 it has a picture of the end of a Fe-21, it is the none brake wheel end but the Fe-21's didn't have auto doors.

Al Smith