Custom Decals

peteraue

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

Tom Makofski

Define suitable art-work.  What are their requirements?

Tom Makofski
NorthEast Wisconsin Free-mo

What is ³suitable artwork²?

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 10:36 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Custom Decals

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I
can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is
using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom
decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All
colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No
setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

Andy Miller

With an inkjet printer, will the decals be coated so as not to run in the water?

Andy Miller

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

Tim O'Connor

Peter were the PFE stencil decals that you sent me an example of this
process? If so then I can vouch for the excellent quality of the decals
in both color and clarity. I'd also like to know what "suitable artwork"
means. :-)

Tim O'Connor

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

Tim O'Connor

Peter,

For example -- If I had a set of out-of-production decals and I wanted
to have an extra set or two, could this company produce copies of these
decals? That is something I'd be very interested in!

Tim O'

Peter were the PFE stencil decals that you sent me an example of this
process? If so then I can vouch for the excellent quality of the decals
in both color and clarity. I'd also like to know what "suitable artwork"
means. :-)

Tim O'Connor

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

tjcataldo

peter

  can he do decals in  N SCALE too

     tom

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM, peteraue@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

--
Thomas  j Cataldo

John Barry

I can vouch for the quality of the decals.  Peter has produced a pair of custom sheets for my Passenger Cars as well as a series of custom sets for the SFRH&MS heavy weight passenger kits.  The Gold and dulux imitation gold are very good.  The quality for STMFC decals should be equal.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights

707-490-9696

3450 Palmer Drive, Suite 4224
Cameron Park, CA 95682

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.
If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.
If you are interested, please contact me offline.
Peter Aue

Aley, Jeff A

I did a quick google search for Roland Versacamm; these are $20,000 printers.  And more to the point, the ink is UV-cured and is waterproof and alcohol-proof, and is flexible.

Regards,

-Jeff

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 8/5/2014 9:57 AM, John Barry northbaylines@... [STMFC] wrote:
Peter has produced a pair of custom sheets for my Passenger Cars

    Peter has done work for me (also) and I can say they are some of the best decals I've ever seen.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

MICHAELCALO3403 <michaelcalo3403@...>

Peter - how do I contact you offline?

Mike Calo
Glen Burnie MD  (just south of Baltimore)

I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.

If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.

If you are interested, please contact me offline.

Peter Aue

Alexander Schneider Jr

Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or whomever created the decal being copied.

If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.

Alex Schneider

For example -- If I had a set of out-of-production decals and I wanted
to have an extra set or two, could this company produce copies of these
decals? That is something I'd be very interested in!

Tim O'

>Peter were the PFE stencil decals that you sent me an example of this
>process? If so then I can vouch for the excellent quality of the decals
>in both color and clarity. I'd also like to know what "suitable artwork"
>means. :-)
>
>Tim O'Connor
>

>I keep reading all these posts about the availability of decals and maybe I can help. I've been working for several years with a small company who is using a Roland Versacamm professional inkjet printer for printing custom decals.
>
>If you can provide suitable artwork, I can get you any decals you need. All colors available including white and metallic colors like gold or silver. No setup cost. Minimum quantity 1 piece.
>
>If you are interested, please contact me offline.
>
>Peter Aue

------------------------------------
Posted by: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    STMFC-digest@...
    STMFC-fullfeatured@...

Technically true, and equally true, I really don't care. If it's for
my use, and they don't make them anymore, let them try to make a case.
Similar arguments have been made against resin kit makers -- In case
you had not noticed, many resin kit masters include copied parts from
plastic kits. No lawsuits yet, to my knowledge.

Tim O'

Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or whomever created the decal being copied.

If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.

Alex Schneider

Tony Thompson

Alex Schneider wrote:

Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or whomever created the decal being copied.
If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.

    Copyright law explicitly permits copies for personal use, as when you Xerox a magazine article or book page. It's called "fair use."

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connorwrote:

Technically true, and equally true, I really don't care. If it's for my use, and they don't make them anymore, let them try to make a case.

      As I said, no one would or could make a case; personal use falls under the "fair use" part of the law.

Similar arguments have been made against resin kit makers -- In case you had not noticed, many resin kit masters include copied parts from plastic kits. No lawsuits yet, to my knowledge.

     Not analogous, since making kits for sale hardly falls under fair use. But as you say, the injury caused is likely too small to litigate, except for those who love to demonstrate their rights. Still, if I were to want to copy parts for kits, I would hesitate to assume no one in the hobby falls into that category.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Not only that, but Camp is defunct as a business. No one picked up their
line, unlike, say, copying Herald King.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>

BRIAN EHNI  wrote:

Not only that, but Camp is defunct as a business. No one picked up their line, unlike, say, copying Herald King.

     I assume you meant to write "Champ." A number of people inquired about buying the business, but the owner and her brother conceived of an enormous value to the business and would not discuss or negotiate that set price. It would be possible to conclude that they did not really want to sell. AFAIK, the entire stock and materials of the business, less the printing press which they did sell, remains in place. Aside from the press, they were not willing to entertain any offer for any other part of the business, such as artwork, or remaining stocks. Any buyer was required to take everything, including office furniture etc. So if "no one picked up" that business, it was not because no one was interested.
      By the way, a business being "defunct" does not mean that copyrights vanish. Those are among the property of the business, even if it is not being operated currently, and those copyrights would be part of the value if a buyer ever acquires the line.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Scott H. Haycock

But wouldn't it be a violation of copyright law for a decal maker to copy other's work with the intent of selling it?

Scott Haycock
ent

Alex Schneider wrote:

Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or whomever created the decal being copied.
If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.

    Copyright law explicitly permits copies for personal use, as when you Xerox a magazine article or book page. It's called "fair use."

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

clipper841@att.net <clipper841@...>

actually the rights for champ's business is held
by portland car & foundry in portland oregon
mel perry

From: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>

Technically true, and equally true, I really don't care. If it's for
my use, and they don't make them anymore, let them try to make a case.
Similar arguments have been made against resin kit makers -- In case
you had not noticed, many resin kit masters include copied parts from
plastic kits. No lawsuits yet, to my knowledge.

Tim O'

>Technically, that would be a violation of the copyright of Champ, Walthers or
whomever created the decal being copied.

>If you can find out who owns the copyright, they might be willing to grant you
permission to make a reasonable number for personal use.

>Alex Schneider

Tony Thompson

Scott Haycock wrote:

But wouldn't it be a violation of copyright law for a decal maker to copy other's work with the intent of selling it?

    Yes.