Well you know it's time to stop modeling for the night when...

Brian Carlson

You  take a moment to look your NH GA-2 gondola over before weathering and just then realize, after multiple applications of decal setting solution over the course of a few day, that you managed to put the block NH herald upside done on one side. Of course I never noticed this OBVIOUS error when putting the decal in place originally nor during the repeated applications of setting solutions. Offending decal was removed with a light application of Scalecoat paint remover, which despite being light and quick removed most of the paint on the two panels. Car has also been washed and the two panels repainted black. Decaling will commence tomorrow with the N firmly above the H. You all may laugh now. I am going to bed.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY

Mikebrock

Brian Carlson writes:

"...after multiple applications of decal setting solution over the course of a few day, that you managed to put the block NH herald upside done on one side."

Hmmm. Reminds me of the time I assembled several PFE reefers with the wrong ends on a car [ the numbers didn't match the number on the sides ]. Oh well. That reminded me of the time a fast moving van with a camera man sticking out the top was chasing 844 and train [ which I was on ]. The traffic came to a stop and the van did a quick 360 degree slide and...kept right on going in the other lane...didn't miss a beat. So, I didn't either. Splashed a bit of grimy brown [ Grimy Black with Railtie Brown added ] on tghe ends and started work on the next car.

Mike Brock

tyesac@...

Sorta like building a resin freight car in sub assemblies, and realizing the next day that the under frame is not pointing towards the "B" end.   done that!

Tom Casey