Topics

KCS PS-1 boxcars

proto48er

Guys -I hate to see RMC go, too!

However, I have a freight car question: Does anyone have a prototype photo of one of the KCS PS-1 40' boxcars in series KCS #18150-18548 in original (December, 1947) paint?  These cars reportedly had 6' 7-panel Superior doors.  Did they have any slogan on them, or were they just plainly painted?  (A related question concerning KCS #18550-18949 built in March, 1948, is were they painted differently?)

Thanks!!

A.T. Kott

proto48er

Guys - Well, I may have answered my own question!  There is a great builders photo of KCS #18746 on the Fallen Flags website!  The paint scheme is very plain on the car, so I would suspect that cars in the earlier (KCS #18150-18549) series would also have been painted without any heralds or such!

Does anyone have a photo of a car from the KCS #18150-18549 series?

I want to "backdate" an "O" scale brass model of a PS-1 imported by PSC in 1988.  My cutoff date is March of 1948, so I would prefer a photo of the earlier number series (blt 12/1947).  Fortunately, the PSC model has the early roof on it, but unfortunately has the 6 rectangles on each end.  Fixing that will require a bit of sheet metal work...

Thanks again!!

A.T. Kott