Roco M-47 tanks

Richard Townsend

I am building a train of flat cars that is moving a company of M-47 tanks.  I've got the flat cars (9 Roco/AHM flats with 6-wheel trucks, and two others) and all the ancillary vehicles (a half-track, a 2 1/2 ton truck, a tank recovery vehicle, and two jeeps), and 7 tanks.  I need a total of 18 tanks (11 more) and I'm running up against a bit of a wall finding them.  Yes, some are available on eBay, but at $15 or more each this is getting expensive.  I'm hoping that some of us Steam Era Freight Car people were military modelers in past lives and have some of the Roco M-47s squirreled away somewhere and would be willing to part with them for a reasonable price.

Anybody?

Anybody at all?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

Steve SANDIFER

Someone has a lot of 23 of them on ebay right now. I found others available
by googling Roco M47. They would look great in a steam freight car train.

J. Stephen Sandifer

Minister Emeritus, Southwest Central Church of Christ

Webmaster, Santa Fe Railway Historical and Modeling Society

I am building a train of flat cars that is moving a company of M-47 tanks.
I've got the flat cars (9 Roco/AHM flats with 6-wheel trucks, and two
others) and all the ancillary vehicles (a half-track, a 2 1/2 ton truck, a
tank recovery vehicle, and two jeeps), and 7 tanks. I need a total of 18
tanks (11 more) and I'm running up against a bit of a wall finding them.
Yes, some are available on eBay, but at $15 or more each this is getting
expensive. I'm hoping that some of us Steam Era Freight Car people were
military modelers in past lives and have some of the Roco M-47s squirreled
away somewhere and would be willing to part with them for a reasonable
price.

Anybody?

Anybody at all?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

water.kresse@...

I've great pix of pairs of Hell Cats on flats coming out of Buick City with a PM loco . . . . somewhere.  The are tarps over the turrets.

Al Kresse
. . . . in Michigan

Richard Townsend

That would be great to see . . . . someday!

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

I've great pix of pairs of Hell Cats on flats coming out of Buick City with a PM loco . . . . somewhere.  The are tarps over the turrets.

Al Kresse
. . . . in Michigan

Richard Townsend

Steve,

The ones I am seeing on ebay are either expensive or compromised somehow (e.g. poor paint and decals).  But I may have to go that route and strip and repaint them.  And while an ebay search for "Roco M-47" does turn up the person listing 23 tanks, none of them are M-47s.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

I am building a train of flat cars that is moving a company of M-47 tanks.
I've got the flat cars (9 Roco/AHM flats with 6-wheel trucks, and two
others) and all the ancillary vehicles (a half-track, a 2 1/2 ton truck, a
tank recovery vehicle, and two jeeps), and 7 tanks. I need a total of 18
tanks (11 more) and I'm running up against a bit of a wall finding them.
Yes, some are available on eBay, but at $15 or more each this is getting
expensive. I'm hoping that some of us Steam Era Freight Car people were
military modelers in past lives and have some of the Roco M-47s squirreled
away somewhere and would be willing to part with them for a reasonable
price.

Anybody?

Anybody at all?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, Oregon

Dave Nelson

I remember paying $0.25 for those when I was a kid!

dave nelson

[...]

genegreen1942@...

Rich,
Try German eBay.   www dot ebay dot de
In the past I've bought lots of Roco and earlier Umex construction equipment at a fraction of the US eBay cost.  Just be aware of the higher shipping costs and take that into consideration.
I usually buy 'junk boxes' which the Germans often label as 'convolut.'
PS:  If you don't read German I can help if you like.
Gene Green
Out in the Badlands of New Mexico where seldom is heard a German word.

Bruce Smith

Al,

That is, of course, because the M18 Hellcat was an open topped tank destroyer.  Highly detailed M18 models in HO can be had from Trident Models.  I have 2 in the to build pile to go on a flat car.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

I've great pix of pairs of Hell Cats on flats coming out of Buick City with a PM loco . . . . somewhere.  The are tarps over the turrets.

Al Kresse
. . . . in Michigan

eastwest40

Richard Towndsend.

Please contact me off list. I may have these.

Chuck Seemann    Aurora, Colorado    Chipeta70@...