Topics

Naperville RPM 2014 Photos

dh30973

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

O Fenton Wells

Fantastic models, thanks for sharing.

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane

paul.doggett2472@...

I agree with Fenton excellent modeling

Paul Doggett UK

Tim O'Connor

The batch of Canadian cars and electric motors are by Roger Chrysler. He
scratchbuilt the Grand River Railway #230

Tim O'Connor

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

Robert kirkham

Does that include the Hart cars.  They are gorgeous . . . .

Rob Kirkham

Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Naperville RPM 2014 Photos

The batch of Canadian cars and electric motors are by Roger Chrysler. He
scratchbuilt the Grand River Railway #230

Tim O'Connor

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

Schuyler Larrabee

Thanks, Dave, that is a lot of work, and I imagine we all appreciate it.

I am curious about what the images numbered 157854487 and the next one are showing?  There’s a story there that I don’t understand . . .

Many models there that make me want to cancel my other activities for the next month or so.  Maybe they won’t miss me at work . . .

Schuyler

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

Tim O'Connor

Rob

yes I believe so

Tim O'

At 10/18/2014 12:53 PM Saturday, you wrote:

Does that include the Hart cars.  They are gorgeous . . . .

Rob Kirkham

The batch of Canadian cars and electric motors are by Roger Chrysler. He
scratchbuilt the Grand River Railway #230

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

Jack Burgess

If you are referring to the Hart Ballast Cars with the ??? reference, I think those are ProtoWest Models resin kits which also modeled a number of other Hart Convertible ballast cars built by Rodgers Ballast Car Company. The Yosemite Valley Railroad had six of these cars and I provided plans to ProtoWest Models for kits.

Jack Burgess

At 10/18/2014 12:53 PM Saturday, you wrote:

Does that include the Hart cars.  They are gorgeous . . . .

Rob Kirkham

The batch of Canadian cars and electric motors are by Roger Chrysler. He
scratchbuilt the Grand River Railway #230

I have finally gotten my photos edited and identified from this years Naperville/Lisle RPM meet last weekend.

http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/naperville14&page=all

Dave Hussey

Robert kirkham

I think I recall the messages about those models Jack.  Never thought they were appropriate for my own modelling, so didn’t purchase any.  But they sure capture the essence of cars in photos I’ve seen; mostly too early for my 1946 mainline models though.

Rob

Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:36 PM

If you are referring to the Hart Ballast Cars with the ??? reference, I think those are ProtoWest Models resin kits which also modeled a number of other Hart Convertible ballast cars built by Rodgers Ballast Car Company. The Yosemite Valley Railroad had six of these cars and I provided plans to ProtoWest Models for kits.

Jack Burgess

Douglas Harding

A slight correction: the name is Al Brotherton, not Art Brotherton. Models about 1910, he likes to scratchbuild, and he kitbashes Labelle passenger cars. The photos show his cars based upon CB&Q prototype passenger equipment.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Jack Burgess

Yes, I think that those cars or similar ones were purchased by a number of railroads but were retired early due to heavy service. The YV kept theirs on the books until 1941 and one, still with the paint in good condition shows up in a photo after the railroad was abandoned in 1945.

Jack Burgess

Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 7:36 PM