From: STMFC@... [STMFC@...]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 1:02 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] X29 car owners

Was the Rock Island among the roads that purchased X29 box cars?  Thank you in advance for any info.

Dick Haave

Eric Neubauer <eaneubauer@...>

RDG certainly did not have any "X29" type cars. Theirs, like NYC, were derivative of the USRA design. The rivet pattern on the side sill is different and indicates a USRA type underframe. Confusion is understandable, as I believe some people associate flat ends with the "X29". However, not all cars with flat ends are "X29" type, and not all "X29" types have flat ends.

Eric N.

No Rock Island, but, besides PRR, NYC, B&O, and W&LE, also RDG, LNE, and CNJ.

Was the Rock Island among the roads that purchased X29 box cars?  Thank you in advance for any info.

Dick Haave

Brad Andonian

DT&I also had a few they got from PRR.

Brad Andonian

On Monday, November 10, 2014 10:59 AM, "'Eric Neubauer' eaneubauer@... [STMFC]"

RDG certainly did not have any "X29" type cars. Theirs, like NYC, were derivative of the USRA design. The rivet pattern on the side sill is different and indicates a USRA type underframe. Confusion is understandable, as I believe some people associate flat ends with the "X29". However, not all cars with flat ends are "X29" type, and not all "X29" types have flat ends.

Eric N.

No Rock Island, but, besides PRR, NYC, B&O, and W&LE, also RDG, LNE, and CNJ.

Was the Rock Island among the roads that purchased X29 box cars?  Thank you in advance for any info.

Dick Haave

naptownprr

The RDG did have some derived from the USRA design, but they also had a small group of X29 type.