an excellent book on weathering

Tony Thompson

When I was in England in September, I discovered an exceptional book on weathering rolling stock, written by Tim Shackleton and published by Ian Allen. I have written a few comments, including photos, along with information on ordering, and posted them to my blog. If you're interested, here is a link:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2014/11/an-excellent-book-on-weathering.html

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

A&Y Dave in MD

Thanks for the tip. I have a British book on tree making and another on scenery that have been terrific additions to my library. I have only one quibble. The freight and passenger car weathering book is out of stock today.  Hopefully it will be re-run or restocked soon.

Dave

David Bott wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I have a British book on tree making and another on scenery that have been terrific additions to my library. I have only one quibble. The freight and passenger car weathering book is out of stock today.  Hopefully it will be re-run or restocked soon.

      They wrote to me that the book is expected back in stock shortly, and accordingly they are taking orders on their web page.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Rob & Bev Manley

I borrowed a book on British Steam Era Freight car modeling by Ian Rice. It was good to see the other side of the pond as obsessed as we are. They even have a fine scale movement there as well.

Sincerely,

Rob Manley

Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"Better modeling through personal embarassment"