From: pullmanboss@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Fri, Feb 13, 2015 10:39 am
Subject: [STMFC] Resin kits w/cast on details - photos

Jeffrey White

I would buy several of those.  What will the price point be?  $65 for a resin acid car that you might need one or two of is one thing, but I couldn't afford that for 50-100 hoppers.

Jeff White
Alma, IL

On 2/13/2015 11:53 AM, tyesac@... [STMFC] wrote:

Awsome master, casting!    In spite of my earlier post, those are cast on grabs anyone should be able to live with.

Tom Casey

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, February 13, 2015 at 2:43 PM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Resin kits w/cast on details - photos

That's a beautiful casting.

I also sold my Sunshine IC hopper car kit -- Hopper cars are probably
among the most difficult resin kits to build, unless they are complete
one piece bodies like this one.

Yes, I can see how IC and midwestern modelers will be thrilled to have
this hopper car model in multiples! If Frank were interested in the SP
I think he'd have equal success with two bay side dump ballast hoppers
cast in this way.

Tim O'Connor

MDelvec952

Thanks for posting the photos -- master caster indeed. I was hoping that Frank would produce this car.

As for the cast on grabs -- will make that decision when I build the kit. Based on the photos I would prefer wire.   I have two of the Sunshine version of this hopper (from Hodina patterns) and haven't built them yet since they're tough to get. I was saving them to use as a pattern or to scan for some sort of 3D printed version but now there's no need.  This style of off-set hopper was more common than many realize, and numerous on the Road of Anthracite.

                ....Mike Del Vecchio