Topics

Hobby Shops in the Nashville, TN area

fred huss

the TCRM Hobby Shop is only open Tuesday Noon to 4:00PM,  Thursday Noon to 6:00PM and Saturday 9:00AM to 3:00 PM.
Fred Huss

Bill Welch

The countryside is beautiful in the Wartrace area. My route would be through Nolensville and a stop at the Amish Grocery (on the left  going away from N'ville) and put together a Picnic lunch. I highly recommend the Chicken Salad. If you don't find anything you want RR wise, you will have some nice scenery and a homemade lunch. Visualize the NC&StL dual service 4-8-4's hustling freight cars in both directions while in Wartrace.

Bill Welch

Allen Cain

Just be sure to check the Tennessee Central hobby shop website for their hours.  I just checked and they are only open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for a few hours.

Allen Cain

bilbrey98@...

To echo what Mr. Mercante wrote, there really isn't "must visit" model railroad friendly hobby shops in the Nashville, TN area besides the one at the Tennessee Central Railway Museum.  The museum's hobby shop is small and tend to focus on the "southeastern" prototypes (catering mostly to HO and N).  There is a HobbyTown USA in Mt. Juliet (just east of Nashville) that has a small selection of model railroading equipment and books/magazines.  And, there is another hobbyshop around a hour's drive southeast of Nashville (the Dixie Flyer in Wartrace) that caters to model railroaders.  That store is located adjacent to the CSX mainline  (ex-NC&StL) that runs between Nashville and Chattanooga.

If you are visiting during the month of April, there are train shows on three of the Saturdays (April 11th @ the TCRM, a TCA "mini-meet" on April 18th, and April 25th in Wartrace).

James Bilbrey

LaVergne, TN

Mitchell Mercante

TJ,

The only model railroad friendly hobby shop in Nashville and its immediate surroundings is at the Tennessee Centrail Railway Museum in Nashville.  There is a smallish but well stocked store in the museum with nothing but railroad related products.

Regards,

Mitch Mercante

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:18 AM, "'T.J. Stratton' michigancentralrr@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Are there any "must visit" model railroad friendly hobby shops in the Nashville, TN area?

Thanks- TJ

TJ Stratton Maumee, OH. "Modeling the 1950's branch lines of the Michigan Central Railroad in southern Michigan" Mailto:michigancentralrr@...

T.J. Stratton